What will bondo stick to?

takaaaa

Hello,
So I was wondering what will bondo stick to? I found out the hard way that bondo will just peel/separate if you put it on poster board/paper.
Also if you seal insulation foam with KILZ2 it will separate from that too.

So how can I make it stick? Should I apply a single coat of fiberglass resin on top of the foam sealer, then the bondo? Or is there other, cheaper options?

Also what is the best and strongest way to glue fabric and other heavy pieces together?
I want to connect a upper arm and a forearm piece together with a shirt sleeve. Whats the best way to glue fabric to fiberglassed pieces?
Will gorilla glue work? Thats normally my go-to glue.

Bondo or car body filler , will stick to almost anything as long as the surface is keyed and primed , so you have to seal the base layer first . For example , for paper , seal with a mix of good PVA glue and water apply this to the surface leave to dry and repeat two more times, foam responds to this treatment as well . To make doubly sure once the piece is thoroughly dry, coat with a layer of casting resin using a disposable brush , once cured roughen with a sanding block and apply bondo . As to your final question , liquid latex painted onto both surfaces - left to dry a few minutes and then pressed together , will, once cured form a bond and will be difficult to separate .- hope that helps !

Hello,
So I was wondering what will bondo stick to? I found out the hard way that bondo will just peel/separate if you put it on poster board/paper.
Also if you seal insulation foam with KILZ2 it will separate from that too.

So how can I make it stick? Should I apply a single coat of fiberglass resin on top of the foam sealer, then the bondo? Or is there other, cheaper options?

Also what is the best and strongest way to glue fabric and other heavy pieces together?
I want to connect a upper arm and a forearm piece together with a shirt sleeve. Whats the best way to glue fabric to fiberglassed pieces?
Will gorilla glue work? Thats normally my go-to glue.
hi
Try to add some resin to bondo so will be more like glue. But use that same kinde of product to use one hardener for example NOVOL resin and bondo. Also sand a little bit every surface what you want to bondo or glue.
Maybe try to use brush and paint a little some 3-4 times CAST RESIN on foam. It will be elastic and you will be able to sand with 220 -300 paper

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back