Return To The Future (BTTF re-boot, if only they would)

... This thread is date stamped, Paramount, if you make this without me, I'll sue!

At first, Paramount will sue you, because "Return to the Future" is the name of the original movies in a lot of countries. :p;) For example in France "Retour vers le futur" or Croatia "Povratak u budućnost".

If you ask me, I would rather like to see a movie or show with Doc's kids Jules and Verne following their dad's footsteps. Would make more sense, because genius is inheritable. :) By the way: There is already a TV show: The great BTTF animated series.

Last edited:
Sounds fun, Universal owns the BTTF title rights & CAN do more movies, but Bob Z. and Bob G. own the character rights of Doc and Marty and had stated the characters will not continue any more movie adventures. Does this include Marty Jr? Who knows. Do they own rights to Jules and Verne? Who knows, but a series with Marty Jr and Jules & Verne would be cool! If Paramount tried this out... when I think of that, "Classic 80's + Paramount = Michael Bay" pops in my head first.

Your idea intrigues me, if done independently, maybe a youtube series would work. Not sure about casting, but I do know of a little site who can do all of your costumes props :)

Because I love BTTF I am still hoping it will go down in history as one of the films that never got rebooted. So glad the Bobs maintain that position on their characters.

Mods please delete this thread. Lol.

The setting is this: One day, his dad (MJF's Marty) comes up missing and his son can't find him. He figures out that he (MJF) had come into the son's lab one night and was messing with his wrist time-teleport experiments and got sucked 'somewhere' into time.

The son now is on a quest to find his dad (MJF) but his science is not there just yet. There was only enough power for two time trips, one to 'wherever' and one back. Accidentally, his dad took one of the trips, so if he goes looking to find him, he has no way of knowing where exactly he is or how to get them both back back if he did find him. (MJF had picked the device up, looking at it and accidentally triggered it, but was not wearing it so that only he got sent, 'somewhere' dropping the device, thus leaving it behind)

But, he remembers the stories fondly that his dad used to tell about Doc Brown! This crazy inventor who created the time travel in the first place.

Why can't marty jr travel back in time to see when his father disappear and stop it.... (take him back to the "future" thus also not change the past where his father disappeared and marty jr started looking for him.

Because that movie would be five minutes long and boring. My idea is a whole movie! :D

Yeah, but you know people would ask the same question. "why don't he do the easy thing, Is he stupid or something?"

But you could have Marty mcfly ask his son in the end of the movie when he is found. : "why did you not just do this from the beginning?" "oh, eh didn't think about it!."

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back