Prop Dealer Review - Prop Store, ScreenUsed, Premiere Props

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
You already know where this is going don't you?

Here, let me offer you some :popcorn.

In the past 3 months, I have been blessed to be able to pick up a number of pieces for my collection and it just so happens 1 came from Prop Store, 1 came from ScreenUsed and 1 came from Premier Props.

Wanted to briefly go over my experience with each purchase with you.

Prop Store
Wrote Brandon about a Myrmidon helmet from Troy that I wanted. He got back to me within less than 24 hours and handed me off to Dan for final payment and arrangements. Dan took my payment and told me the helmet would ship the next day. The next day Dan wrote back with photos and an apology, showing me that the helmet (which is made of soft rubber) had warped during storage. He offered to refund me immediately, but I told him I would take the chance and to send it on. He shipped from So Cal to AZ and the helmet arrived in 6 days (including weekend) from the time of payment. Helmet was exactly as his photos showed and packed well. I couldn't ask for a much smoother transaction, especially considering there was an issue with the order. I also appreciated that Dan contacted me immediately and gave me an option on what to do when he saw the helmet wasn't as originally pictured.

ScreenUsed
I snagged a Trojan helmet from Troy in ScreenUsed's iCollector Auction over the weekend. Was contacted the same day for payment and was sent a tracking number for the shipped item on the next business day (Monday). Communication was extremely fast. Desi shipped from FL to AZ and the helmet is due to arrive on Friday (in 5 days from the time of payment). I really don't have much to say because this went so smoothly and quickly.

Premiere Props
This was another iCollector Auction, but back on Dec 9, 2012. I managed to pick up a machete handle from the Book of Eli. As with the ScreenUsed auction, I was contacted the same day for payment and then sent a final invoice 3 days later. Since that time... nothing. No communication. No email. No notice of payment received. No expected ship date. While I think it is absurd, the terms of our agreement was that shipped may take 10-12 weeks. However, 12 weeks came and went and I have yet to hear anything. My credit card was charged immediately, but nothing but crickets from Premiere (although they did find time to do another auction instead of shipping out items from the previous auction). Fortunately for me, a fellow RPFer lives close by and stopped Premiere Props and picked up my item for me. Within less than an hour he had it shipped and on its way to me. It will be here 2 days from the date of shipping. Thanks, Gene! So, I am not sure what Premiere was doing during the 90 of the 92 days since I paid for my item...

This is the THIRD item I have purchased from Premiere and the third item I have had an issue with. The first item was damaged (they never responded to my emails). The second item was missing a part (again, they never responded to my emails). This third item never shipped.

I am done. Premiere Props does have pieces I want from time to time and their prices are often good. However, their customer service leaves a tremendous amount to be desired or as another thread here on the RPF sums it up; "sucks."

It is interesting to note that Premiere Props has written the site on two occasions to complain about us allowing members to voice their displeasure at Premiere Props lack of service. Twice I have offered for them to join and post a rebuttal to member's experiences. They have not responded to those offers.

So... to sum it up:

attachment.php

prop store and screenused are amazing....i couldnt be more happier with their services....

the prop store crew and desi truly care about the props and their customer service...they always go above and beyond.....

Screen Used has always been amazing to me.

PropStore has done so much for me I doubt I could repay their kindness in a single lifetime.

As for PProps, well, if I can't say something nice...*

Thanks for writing this up, Art. Just to add, I'm only 50% of ScreenUsed - Jeff is the other half, and we have him to thank for getting your order on the way to you the next business day after the auction.

Desi

Completely the same experience Art. Every single dealing I've had with Propstore or Screenused has been flawless, and the people are awesome. While items eventually arrived... every transaction I've had with Premiere Props required complaints to Paypal in order to get any movement, and they acted like fulfilling my order was an inconvenience to them.

I said it in another thread, but I'm so surprised you guys have had so many issues with Premiere Props. I've bought from them several time and had no issues at all. Granted most of my purchases were through eBay so maybe they are trying to make sure they do well with those and neglecting other sales. :unsure

And like everyone else, Prop Store has been beyond awesome when I've bought from them.

.......Fortunately for me, a fellow RPFer lives close by and stopped Premiere Props and picked up my item for me. Within less than an hour he had it shipped and on its way to me. It will be here 2 days from the date of shipping. Thanks, Gene! So, I am not sure what Premiere was doing during the 90 of the 92 days since I paid for my item..........

The time it took me to swing by Premiere Props, sign for the item, and take it 1 mile away to FedEx Kinko's was negligible (like.... 30 minutes out of my day). Art - for all that you've had to put up with running the RPF, well, it was my pleasure.

The shocking thing is - FedEx will come to you. That's right - fill out the paperwork on line and they will come and pick the stuff up. Hell, they'll even leave you boxes and stuff. I just don't get it.

I've had many experiences with both Profiles in History and Prop Store - to the point where I consider Brian @ Profiles and Brandon @ Prop Store friends. I know some like calling Profiles' research into question. But every time I've raised a red flag for them questioning an item, they've been responsive. And Prop Store's customer service and attention to details is outstanding.

I know Premiere Props handles a lot of material the other places pass on. And their price points can be lower. But the lack of customer service I've seen displayed here makes me leery of doing any business with them. (I will say that I had no problems picking up Art's prop today - they were courteous and had the item ready for me to sign for with no runaround whatsoever.)

Gene

I've had the same experience with Screenused being phenomenal, Propstore being awesome, and Premiere (auction wise) sucking it up and taking for-ev-er on my items. Premiere took half a year, while Screenused had my items to me by that same weekend that I had won in their auction.

I've had multiple purchases from Propstore (from both London and LA) and I've always been 100% satisfied. All communication with Stephen, Brandon and Dan has been prompt and professional. Yet to buy through screenused and TBH, I'm not sure I would ever buy through Premiere.

Only dealt with Propstore, screen used and propmasters so far. Can not say enough goods things about thier services. Haven't and will not deal with premier. Thanks to all the things i have read about them on here. Thanks to everyone that spoke out and saved me the hassles of dealing with them.

Just wanted voice my experience, for what it's worth, about 2 of these companies.

Prop Store (both locations, around 8 purchases total, but mainly through the LA shop) I cannot say enough about. First prop I bought off their website were two 3x3 pieces of the SW Death Star in a wall mounted display. A day or two after placing the order, Brandon called to apologetically inform me that those pieces had already been sold, but without the display case (the reason why it wasn't removed from the web site). He then offered to pair up 2 similar SW DS pieces in that display case, plus refund $300 for the mix up. Since then, every single purchase (I don't think they remembered me from that incident as I didn't have an account with them at the time) has gone through without a flaw. I cannot say enough about their professionalism, quick response if issues are encountered, safe packaging, etc.

I've only made one purchase through ScreenUsed, a few years ago, and it was without incident. But my numerous newbie questions were responded to without aggravation by either Desi or Jeff. They were a big help in getting me started in the hobby.

Thank you for posting your reviews of Premier Props. I will keep this, and the other complaints I’ve read about them, in mind for future endeavors.

Last edited:
Prop Store (both locations, around 8 purchases total, but mainly through the LA shop) I cannot say enough about. First prop I bought off their website were two 3x3 pieces of the SW Death Star in a wall mounted display. A day or two after placing the order, Brandon called to apologetically inform me that those pieces had already been sold, but without the display case (the reason why it wasn't removed from the web site). He then offered to pair up 2 similar SW DS pieces in that display case, plus refund $300 for the mix up.

I think experience like this are really important, possibly even more important that smooth transactions. It is when a company makes a mistake and how they handle it where you really get to see what they are made of and time and again I have heard stories of Prop Store stepping up in a big way, even when there is a minor misstep. Kudos to them for doing so!

Only dealt with Propstore, screen used and propmasters so far. Can not say enough goods things about thier services. Haven't and will not deal with premier. Thanks to all the things i have read about them on here. Thanks to everyone that spoke out and saved me the hassles of dealing with them.

Thank you for the mention, sometimes I feel we are not shouting loud enough, long enough yes, loud enough no! :)

- David

Never heard of you guys, PropMaster. But now I have another site to look through periodically. :)

Premier seems to have a crap attitude all around from the sounds of it from people voicing their fair opinions on crap service to the crap service itself. Sadly people will keep buying from them.

Premier seems to have a crap attitude all around from the sounds of it from people voicing their fair opinions on crap service to the crap service itself. Sadly people will keep buying from them.

The tough part is they will occasionally have a nice piece at a nice price that makes you think it maaaaayyy be worth the hassle you know you're going to have. As others have said I EVENTUALLY did get everything I've ordered from them after long delays and escalations to PP. "Maybe this time the kick to the junk won't be so bad?" :lol

Understanding it's that going back that keeps them in business when they really shouldn't be....

Propstore are a pleasure to deal with. Recently did a trade with them and Tim from the London store and Dan from the LA store were both excellent to deal with. Updates all the way from both. Highly recommended.

I can't say enough good things about ScreenUsed. This was my second auction with them and once again received the items before the next weekend.

The packaging was outstanding. All the way from FL to AZ with not one hole in the box and nothing damaged or shifted. There were so many peanuts I filled an entire garbage bag before I could begin to see the prop peaking out. Double weight cardboard to protect paper items, custom fit plastic sleeves, heavy duty packing tape, bubble wrap. Well worth the cost I paid for shipping. These guys rock! Thanks Jeff (and Desi).:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back