Oblivion props and costumes

Anyone recognize what type of knife he used in the movie? You only see it one time, but it's a white pocketknife of some sort.

Looked like a Leatherman Skeletool
a6upumy4.jpg

Loved the subtle difference in the jackets worn by the two different Jacks.
The "skytower" Jack had a blue Tet emblem and number while the desert/land/mountain Jack had yellow.

Cool thread. I'm interested in making or buying a jacket like the one Jack wore in the movie. Not the leather "dream sequence" jacket, but the "tech" jacket he wears most of the movie with his number, etc. If Father is right, and there are different versions with different colors, I think I'd prefer the Tech 49 version with the blue logo, etc. Jacket appears grey, perhaps leather, but with some armor built in. DeadMike appears interested, from a post in the rifle thread, abut I didn't see a post dedicated to the jacket. Oh, and I bought the leatherman above after reading about it here. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Looks like a TIE Fighter without the TIE. :)

It's a Tie Fighter baby, just look at those sweet teeny-weeny hex wing panels ;-)

Fascinated by the Bubble Ship. It was great to see that they actually built a full practical prop instead of just having the cockpit portion and augmenting it digitally.

It would definitely need some modifications. Doesn't look white at all in the pics. Still, the closest I've seen.

If that's the same company I talked to, It's Gray, not white.

The detailing on this is all over the map. I'd say it's about 75% or so accurate to the original.
The ribbed detail on the lower back is completely wrong. That should be a "solid" armored leather
piece. The ribbed detail should be at the sides, and on the top/rear of the trousers.

Still, it would be a good base to start from, inaccuracies aside.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back