Silhouette cameo problem

Benf

Hi guys I'm having some problems with my cameo and although I've read through the threads on here I can't seem to get it sorted so I'm hoping someone will have an idea.

So I got this on Friday and set it all up over the weekend and started cutting my first pieces. Everything was fine I didn't even have to adjust the registration marks the cuts were perfect the only problem is I didn't have the blade deep enough so today I started cutting again now with the blade deeper and all of a sudden it's not cutting accurately. The weird thing is some of the pieces are perfect mainly the ones at the bottom of the page. The weirdest parts though are the biggest part at the top of the photo, if you look at the bottom edge of it it's cut fine for a bit then all of a sudden goes off. The other price that's weird is the piece on the left the tabs side is cut fine but then goes off for the fold lines and the other side. I've attached a photo below if any ones got any ideas that's would be great because this is driving me nuts!!!

14B92784-DC0C-4AFB-9F86-7A291DA4BB68-7632-0000034C18B7C14C.jpg

Thanks

Your description of explanation did not make sense to me the first few times I read it, then I thought:

"Was this a double sided print job?"

From what you have said about your cuts being "off" this was the only conclusion I could come to, as pep files are usually printed single side, and cutting is..well..cutting. You just follow the line.

Are you working with a double sided print for cutting? Or are you cutting the top layer through to another sheet of paper or foam underneath?

Your description of explanation did not make sense to me the first few times I read it, then I thought:

"Was this a double sided print job?"

From what you have said about your cuts being "off" this was the only conclusion I could come to, as pep files are usually printed single side, and cutting is..well..cutting. You just follow the line.

Are you working with a double sided print for cutting? Or are you cutting the top layer through to another sheet of paper or foam underneath?

No I'm not cutting at all my cameo is, it's just getting thrown off some where along the line

it can be that the paper not stick enough on your ground sheet. i cut it with speed 4 and it works good hope it helps little bit.

it can be that the paper not stick enough on your ground sheet. i cut it with speed 4 and it works good hope it helps little bit.

This was my first thought, but haven't tried slowing it down yet, will try now thanks

Ok I'm an idiot lol, I can't believe it was that simple! Cheers mate. Just a quick question while I've got this thread, do you or anybody have trouble doing the registration mark reading? I always have to do it a few time but when it works I can't see what I've done differently?

Last edited:
Na, my Cameo does the same! Sometimes it reads 10 pages in a row and sometimes it needs 2 or more try's for a page! Turning the cameo off and on helps, I think!

This seem a fairly common problem , as it happens on mine too, and I've just replaced mine for the second time, resetting the printer ( on and off) and leaving it off a few seconds does really help.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back