Hasbro Phase 1 Clone helmet conversion - Paint complete

Idaho Jones

So inspired by a thrift store find, and this thread I've started to convert over a toy clone helmet. The tab's weren't holding together so the kids weren't playing with it anymore. I thought it would give me a chance to learn some new skills or at least buy some new tools, one of which is a mouse sander.

I started by tearing apart the helmet, I cut out the interior frame so I could install the lens with the helmet assembled. i tried to keep as much as possible for structure.

attachment.php

Using a for sell sign left over from my Gaffi build and the template found in the mentioned thread I rebuilt the eyes.

attachment.php

Next I tore out the ear disk's and found a washer to rebuild with.

attachment.php

Then I reassembled the helmet with glue and a old bits of plastic and bondo to fill in the gaps. Then on to bondo, sand and repeat. I need to get more sandpaper to continue on. Some more progress shots.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Re: Hasbro Phase 1 Clone helmet conversion WIP

That's looking real nice for a toy conversion, look forward to seeing progress with this! :popcorn

Great looking helmet. It's coming along really well. I've got two just waiting for the time when I can get to them. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

So after a couple of layers of bondo and a coat of primer things are starting to look good. I'm still favoring the red striped helmet and I'll probably add some battle damage weathering. I should try and find some reflective tint to add to the visor.

Inspires me to convert my Hasbro from e*ay for 15$ too.

This causes great inspiration to try a conversion. Amazing how drastically different it turns out to be with seemingly little added.
I can't wait to see this fully finished.

Well here's some photos not taken with an Ipotato. Painting complete, just need to weather it and run down to the tint shop and see if I can find some reflective tint.

attachment.php

Got a nice layer of weathering on any ideas for mirror tinting the visor? The tint shop said their tint wouldn't stick to the plastic.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back