Rescue (Pepper Potts, Invincible Iron Man)

sbyk

Hello, all! I'm new here, and beginning my second attempt at Rescue, Pepper Potts in her armor from Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man comics. My first armor was built in foam core, cardstock, and 2mm EVA foam, and had SO many issues. (I hated my helmet, the foam wasn't durable enough at that thickness, and the paint I chose was less-than-ideal.) I'm rebuilding for Dragon*Con 2013.

This is my first time using all EVA foam, and I'm going with 4mm. After some research, I'm planning to coat it in Plasti-Dip for durability, as the foam itself damages very easily with any bumps or scratches, and there are plenty of people bumping into you on the floor at D*C. (I had a similar experience with the old costume, and once heard a *crack*! that terrified me.)

This is my old suit, worn at Dragon*Con 2012 and the Asheville Comic Expo 2012:

21385-rescue-asheville-comic-expo-2012.jpg

I've ordered my foam and I'm looking into suppliers for lots of Plasti-Dip, though I think I'll buy a 14oz can to test, first.

I welcome any comments and suggestions!

I saw something at Harbour freight,a can of spray electrical tape made by plasti-dip,IM gonna do a test spray an see how it does on my foam

I saw something at Harbour freight,a can of spray electrical tape made by plasti-dip,IM gonna do a test spray an see how it does on my foam

I saw that stuff, as well. Just reading some reviews, it didn't seem that the stuff in the spray can creates a smooth finish. Please let me know how it goes!

for a first attempt, that looks great!!! i would love to get to Dragon Con, i have some friends down there that stay on me to come down...... keep up the good work!!

Yay! i loved the 1616! hated the revised version for bleeding edge =/

Aww, I'm the opposite. I really didn't like the 1616, but I adore the revised suit, so that's the one I'm building.

If anyone is interested, you can watch my very gradual progress in more detail on Instagram, under the tag #rescuearmor2013.

I appreciate all the supportive comments, everyone!

Aww, I'm the opposite. I really didn't like the 1616, but I adore the revised suit, so that's the one I'm building.

If anyone is interested, you can watch my very gradual progress in more detail on Instagram, under the tag #rescuearmor2013.

I appreciate all the supportive comments, everyone!

Ah well everyone has their own favourites! I'm interested to see if the suit is in the movies, will be interested

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back