Marvel Offers 700 Free Digital Comics

Just a reminder. Even though comixology is having server issues that prevent customers from downloading the comics, that doesn't mean that you cannot acquire the comics for your account. You can still grab as many as you want for free right now and download them even after the deal ends.

I recommend the new Captain Marvel. She's wonderful.

Errors I'm getting. Anyone else getting the same errors?

"Cannot Connect to the Comic Store"

"Sorry, the billing service is not available at this time. Please try your purchase again later."

Its been a painful process getting any. I'll go to the address and refresh until it finally starts loading the page. then I'll start clicking the "add to cart" on the one's I'm interested in, most will flash the adding button, and occasionally one will say "in cart", I go down a few screens this way, getting one or 2 in carts, before having to start the entire process all over - thankfully those that actually went into the cart remain there so I don't need to choose them again. So I'm slowly whittling down the list.

They shut it down but are going to "make up" for it. -Via comiXology

comiXology CEO; said:
To our customers:

It’s been a whirlwind weekend, and we’re fresh from SXSW where Marvel Comics launched their Marvel #1 promotion featuring over 700 free comics distributed via our platform.

We expected a high degree of excitement for the Marvel initiative – and had believed ourselves prepared – but unfortunately we became overwhelmed by the immense response. We’re still struggling to keep our systems up.

The result is that you aren’t getting your comics when and where you want.

We don’t like letting you down. Our teams are working around the clock to resolve these issues so that you can have the experience you’ve come to expect.

To that end, we’re pausing the Marvel Comics #1 promotion for the time being. For those of you that want to take advantage of the offer – you will get your comics! Until we are able to reinstate this program in our systems, please click here and fill out this simple form, so you can be informed as soon as there is an update.

We’ll be communicating with you as often as we can and deeply appreciate the outpouring of support we’ve seen from our customers while we right the ship.

David Steinberger
CEO and co-founder
comiXology

Anyone get an email from this offer yet?
Mike

EDIT: just got my code, hopefully it works this time around.

Last edited:
I got mine and didn't seem to have any problems. Picked my books. Got an email a couple of minutes later saying they were on the way. Got another one a few minutes later saying they were in my library. I tried to look at one and it worked.

I still don't know if I have to download them at all. When I clicked the one I read it opened right up. Never said anything about a download. I'm also not sure if they go away at any point. I don't think so but I'm not sure.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back