Red Hood and the Outlaws

CrimsonCoscrafts

Hey Guys,

Hope you are well?

I have started a build for the Redhood, from the New52 comics.

There are many helmets out there, but I had not seen one done with all the detail of the current mask.

I was going to go down the PEP route, bought a file of the great BlackChaos but figured with my lack of skill in this department I would pass this idea.

Being a 3d guy, I decided to go down the 3d print route with the project. I set to work designing the look I wanted for the mask. Taking all the various designs through out the comic and making them one.

Here is the design I drew out.

480891_4972934559382_2071792243_n.jpg

From there I fleshed it out in 3d and a friend helped me out in ZBRUSH to bring the model to life.

Here is the end result of the mask in 3d.

859006_4985849962259_406383079_o.jpg

I am currently debating the finish but will see once it goes to print.

here is a test in 3d...

858844_4991115853903_1244131417_o.jpg

Next step was his Armour top, I figured it would be quicker and easier to try the Dye Sub route. I usually like to have something physical like my TDK suit. Due to the usual budget limitations I decided with the latter.

Being a big fan of the Nolan verse, I decided to combine this with the current comic designs.

542657_10200115332024282_112696761_n.jpg

I eventually came up with this design which I painted in photoshop.

856164_10200126987115652_430508488_o.jpg

The Jacket I will be outsourcing to the leather sellers who will replicate it as close as possible.

735029_4990873887854_1735029559_n.jpg

I will use my UD gloves and boots for hands and feet, Im still undecided on the pants, but will most likely go for combats.

Guns will be twin colt 1911's, here is a friends paint up of his

426950_10150984287254682_1732480994_n.jpg

Thanks for looking and will post when I have updates

Never been much of a Red hood fan but that helmet/chest are looking so badass.. I would totally like to see this finished you planning to hit MCM London in May with this?

Yes mate, will be done for then.

Hoping to get a Starfire costume commissioned for the missus also, so look out for us :)

Yeah mate I'll be there with my Green Lantern probably so poke me if I don't spot you! I'll be around trying to organize a big DC grouping for a few photos so will be awesome to catch you guys

Love the design of the hood but the one thing that bothers me about it is the mouth it seems weird lol. looking forward to seeing this when you've finished it. :thumbsup

Love the design of the hood but the one thing that bothers me about it is the mouth it seems weird lol. looking forward to seeing this when you've finished it. :thumbsup

Maybe because the mouth is a bit more organic than the rest of the sharp lines of the mask. When I sent the mask to my Zbrush friend, I told him to think of a Lamborghini. They have nice sharp lines with the occasional organic curve. :)

Awesome Red Hood and the outlaws mask design. You definitely took the base of my helmet and added really awesom detail! I can't wait to see the finished printed helmet.

Awesome Red Hood and the outlaws mask design. You definitely took the base of my helmet and added really awesom detail! I can't wait to see the finished printed helmet.

Hey BlackKaos, thanks for the kind words :)

No this is a clean, scratch built model and your mask was not used I am afraid, totally different topology :)

I think a single tear fell down my face when I saw that helmet. Great work. I am looking forward to seeing your progress. I did the red hood last year for comic con and I was not to happy with my end result. Going to re do it this year. Thank you for the inspiration.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back