Authenticprops Helmet

Spankuh

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm in the middle of assembling an Authenticprops suit and am just finishing up the helmet. While waiting for the kit to arrive I ordered an electronics setup from Skullworx. Has anyone installed one of these inside an AP helmet? Man, it's tight in there. I've had to completely retrofit the Skullworx kit to get it to fit. Even then, it's a delicate manuever getting the thing on and off.

Are there any other AP owners out there? Are your buckets a tight fit also?

HH

Originally posted by Spankuh@Dec 8 2005, 05:54 PM
I'm in the middle of assembling an Authenticprops suit and am just finishing up the helmet.  While waiting for the kit to arrive I ordered an electronics setup from Skullworx.  Has anyone installed one of these inside an AP helmet?  Man, it's tight in there.  I've had to completely retrofit the Skullworx kit to get it to fit.  Even then, it's a delicate manuever getting the thing on and off. 

Are there any other AP owners out there?  Are your buckets a tight fit also?

HH
[snapback]1131518[/snapback]​

I don't own an Authenticprops helmet, but I think its true to say that all 'screen-accurate' sized buckets are a smaller fit (compared to the oversize FX helmets for example).

I don't have a huge noggin, but still have to take my own Trooper bucket on and off sideways on.

Welcome to the RPF BTW. :)

I think the AP helmet is even smaller than the originals since it is a third or even fourth generation recast. The details get even softer.

Originally posted by Spankuh@Dec 8 2005, 09:54 AM
While waiting for the kit to arrive I ordered an electronics setup from Skullworx.  Has anyone installed one of these inside an AP helmet? 
HH
[snapback]1131518[/snapback]​

Is this the voice amp kit from the UK?

Originally posted by ob1al@Dec 8 2005, 02:09 PM

I don't own an Authenticprops helmet, but I think its true to say that all 'screen-accurate' sized buckets are a smaller fit (compared to the oversize FX helmets for example).

I don't have a huge noggin, but still have to take my own Trooper bucket on and off sideways on.

Welcome to the RPF BTW. :)
[snapback]1131710[/snapback]​

Thanks for the welcome. I've seen some "behind the scenes" clips from ANH that show actors putting their buckets on sidways, so I guess they were small.

HH

or a GF mk. 4..or is it 3, oh well.
as for the sound system:
i had a sound system that i made myself which took up about as much room as the skullworx one does.. youll be fine. youll have to turn your head sideways to put it on all the time but everything should fit.. youll just have to take care when your installing it

Originally posted by Trallis@Dec 8 2005, 06:54 PM
or a GF mk. 4..or is it 3, oh well.
as for the sound system:
i had a sound system that i made myself which took up about as much room as the skullworx one does.. youll be fine.  youll have to turn your head sideways to put it on all the time but everything should fit.. youll just have to take care when your installing it
[snapback]1131934[/snapback]​

Where did you put the amp? The skullworx set comes with a nice little amp with a volume knob in small plastic enclosure. I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to get that into the helmet and still be able to put it on.

Any chance you have any pics of your setup?

Thanks,

HH

mine was actualy a radioshack amp... i took out the circuit board and fit it on the left side in the sloped out part under my ear... it might be tougher with the palstic closure.. have you tried the chin area?

I have one too, and yes, it's a tighter fit, but once its on its good. I haven't put anything in it, thinking it was too small/tight, but seeing how its been done, I may have to reconsider....

Last edited by a moderator:
yah.. i had the aeroator speakers going and i had all the wires and batteries tucked away. i also had a fan going in there.

also i believe tk1536 has an instructional on how he did it in a TE helmet on his site

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back