Jack Harper Rifle - Oblivion Movie

Have been looking at a lot of the Masada airsoft guns to compare against screen used - the Magpul seems to have the charging handle in the wrong place

the lower receiver is definately masada, and they have also left the stock release button/hinge on too, and have covered the front and upper with a new shroud. the stock is new too but not sure if it still folds, has anyone seen pics of the right side of the rifle with the ejection port, cant find anything at the moment.
atb
jay

Here are some screencaps from the (second?) trailer. Let me know if it's shown better in any other trailers.

-Mike J.

Attachments

• shot0006.png
    shot0006.png
    2 MB · Views: 517
  • shot0007.png
    shot0007.png
    2 MB · Views: 957
  • shot0004.png
    shot0004.png
    2 MB · Views: 510
  • shot0005.png
    shot0005.png
    2 MB · Views: 730
  • shot0001.jpg
    shot0001.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 651
  • shot0002.jpg
    shot0002.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 603
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 493
The movie any good?

I'm sure quite a few will find it overly pretentious but I absolutely LOVED it. In some ways, even though it's a completely different film, it was what Prometheus should have been. Or rather, it left me feeling the way that move sorta promised to make you feel, if that makes any sense.

But on topic:
There was ample time to study the weapons in the movie due to the long, clearly framed shots and neither look too complex besides demanding a lot of symmetry. I'm VERY tempted to break out the 3D software now that my and Shawn's Lawgiver run is winding down. I'm thinking of doing a printed shell for a Masada airsoft (and the pistol too), once some real good reference comes out.

Hmm... IMFDB are saying it's a Bushmaster. Lower receiver looks the same to me as on the Masada. (I'm not big on keeping up with modern firearms until they get modded for movies so I'll let the experts chime in, but as I understand it they are variations of the same rifle...) Either way, so much of it is hidden by the shroud that it may not make that big a difference.

Anybody seen the trailers? The weapon looks pretty cool. Anybody plan on building one? Woodchuck maybe?

That is so funny. I was going to ask you about this at the Armor Party yesterday, but totally forgot. Then I saw this thread!
I am going to take a shot at it at some point once I have good Hi res images... Maybe once I have a blu ray...

Hmm... IMFDB are saying it's a Bushmaster. Lower receiver looks the same to me as on the Masada. (I'm not big on keeping up with modern firearms until they get modded for movies so I'll let the experts chime in, but as I understand it they are variations of the same rifle...) Either way, so much of it is hidden by the shroud that it may not make that big a difference.

It's the same gun. Magpul originally designed it but licensed production to Bushmaster. Now it just goes by ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle).

Sorry for asking here but Im new at this, but I was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to make Jack Harpers jacket. I bought a white leather jacket similar to the one from the movie but it needs weathering and stressing to make it look used. And about the patches in the upper arms with the logo, how can I make something similar to that?

A few more trailer screencaps.

-MJ

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the pistol.

Attachments

• Butt Detail.jpg
    Butt Detail.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 451
  • shot0005.jpg
    shot0005.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 429
  • shot0006.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 428
  • shot0007.jpg
    shot0007.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 311
  • shot0008.jpg
    shot0008.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 347
  • shot0009.jpg
    shot0009.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 423
  • shot0011.jpg
    shot0011.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Side and Top Rear.jpg
    Side and Top Rear.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 541
  • Side View 1.jpg
    Side View 1.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 3,104
  • Side Views.jpg
    Side Views.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 457
Magpul MASADA/ Bushmaster ACR

are the same rifle as pointed out by Cesquared already

wasnt there a shot where harper takes one of these from his weapon rack?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back