Brisbane Australia social & community 2013 subscribe to this thread!

Love them, keep looking at the mag thread and keep telling myself I don't need to spend anymore money but they look great!

These are not cheap at about $650AUD, but these are the closest thing we have ever had (or likely to get) to the 2011 shoes or the 1989 movie shoe. They are sort of a mix between the 2011 and 1989 movie shoe with the longer tongue and more rounded cuff. Someone posted a photo of the limited "friends and family pair" where the left shoe is a direct 1:1 copy of the movie shoe (right shoe is a 2011 MAG, so don't know why they didn't just do pairs of movie shoes) and with the exception of the sock toe on the F&F shoe, virtually identical to the V3s including the colour (slightly yellow) soles. I've dyed my soles blue.

Hmmm I may have to wait and buy myself a pair as a birthday present hahaha. I hope they have these babies in stock for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will be ok. Given the cost of molds, I doubt very much that they will discontinue these any time soon.
They are in the process of upgrading the LEDs so hopefully soon all sizes down to US7 will have this done.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think you will be ok. Given the cost of molds, I doubt very much that they will discontinue these any time soon.
They are in the process of upgrading the LEDs so hopefully soon all sizes down to US7 will have this done.

That would be great considering I will be wearing a size US7!

Yeah. V2s never came in US7 and their US8 was actually slightly big, so about US8.5.
@Emmafromcandyland bought US7s and she said they fit really well. I want US7s for a display pair (because that was the size MJF wore) and then I can just wear my US10s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah. V2s never came in US7 and their US8 was actually slightly big, so about US8.5.
EmmaInCandyland bought US7s and she said they fit really well. I want US7s for a display pair (because that was the size MJF wore) and then I can just wear my US10s.

Last edited by a moderator:
@EmmaInCandyland bought US7s and she said they fit really well. I want US7s for a display pair (because that was the size MJF wore) and then I can just wear my US10s.

Oh sweet! Because it's true sometimes US7s aren't the same to a US8 womens so I'm glad these ones seem to fit good

Oh sweet! Because it's true sometimes US7s aren't the same to a US8 womens so I'm glad these ones seem to fit good

Correct. A few years ago I bought Jordan 8 retros and they had the shoe in both mens and womens sizing. The difference was just a colorway but I would have needed a US12 in womens to fit my US10 feet.

I am sure there is a RPF member living in Melbourne that will probably rock them. @DragonGalvy, you going to SupaNova?

Not this year (for a change, unfortunately.) And I've never seen anyone else here in Melbourne with anything other than HC's. But @brokechick the V3's are SIGNIFICANTLY better than any other MAG replica that's come before. The V1's did have a good spongy midsole but weren't very accurate. The V2's were better but the sole was less comfortable, and the HC's are, to my mind, the worst of the bunch. The V3's feel like a quality sneaker in general - the midsole is a proper spongy foam and the upper materials feel pretty strong and well put together. Just keep putting money in a jar so you can't spend it on anything else till you get enough to get them :) (that's how I got my 3 pairs paid for, even if the 3rd hasn't arrived yet) - anyway, enjoy SupaNova!

When I buy Jordan's in men's sizes a US7 fits perfect, so I hope this is the same case for the mags?

Hahaha good idea to put the money in the jar so then I can't touch it!

When I buy Jordan's in men's sizes a US7 fits perfect, so I hope this is the same case for the mags?

Hahaha good idea to put the money in the jar so then I can't touch it!

These V3 MAGs run true to size. I buy a 10 in real NIKE and I have 2 pair of these MAGs in US 10. They fit like like a sock.

Brisbane Australia social & community 2013 subscribe to this thread!

These V3 MAGs run true to size. I buy a 10 in real NIKE and I have 2 pair of these MAGs in US 10. They fit like like a sock.

Cheers for the help Cav, oh and everyone else who's been commenting! :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back