Brisbane Australia social & community 2013 subscribe to this thread!

swampfiend

Hello Brisbane/Queensland/Australian RPFers.

I invite you all to subscribe to this thread.

I thought we could use it to organise meet-ups ahead of or after events like Supernova, Queensland Model Hobby Expo etc.; promote relevant exhibitions; and share physical resources, tips, and knowledge.

E.g. I may ask if anyone knows of a good human figure model painter locally.

Anyway.....

Cheers
-swampfiend

Last edited:
G'day mates!

I know you are thinking, why is this person with an American accent saying g'day to us. Well beyond being the drone strike forward observer for the imminent U.S. invasion, I am also in Queensland and a follower of rpf. Right now working on an aliens colonial marine outfit, as well as a Greyjoy inspired costume from game of thrones. Just throwing out there I'm around, and I'll keep watch of his thread.

Rue

Curt here!

I'm a Captain Jack Sparrow cosplayer, KISS costume maker, Batsuit sculptor/moulder and all around drunkard! I also do silicone moulding, resin casting, Latex casting and generic sculpting and moulding projects!

G'day .. Matt here. I do a variety of different builds. I do steampunk for myself and my wife (Steampunk Ghostbuster in my alter ego at Cons)

Currently working of a few builds for my Teenage kids, including Colonial Marine and (Avatar) Pandora Marine amongst others

Brisbanites!

Hey there! My name is Luke :)

@CBStudios - We have actually met, you'll remember me from Fright Night as Thane :)

Havent been making outfits for 'practically' too long, on to my 4th and 5th outfits now (Have made : Kaworu Plugsuit, Scorpion, Thane Krios) also do prop commisions.

Learning things as I go, and finding a real joy in developing my sculpting skills. Just really love making stuff (when full time work, and extra curricular engagements dont get in the way >< )

What a cool thread :) Mark here and I look forward to meeting more RPF members and discussing ideas on how make the things we want :)

Hi all. Another Brisbanite here. Into lots of things, most of which I really need to finish. Sometimes other things just get in the way. Warehouse 13, Dr Who, Dredd, Star Treks and a few other things on the go as well as models.

Thought I might see you here Brad.

Hey,

Joe here, I'm on the north side of Brissy. I've spent a few years setting up a reasonable home workshop for timber work and metal machining. I like building weapons. Would be happy to catch up with other local prop builders. :)

Ok here's the link to photobucket
image_zps0940d90c.jpg Photo by bodie1510 | Photobucket

The Alternate/GK is the one I made. It still need a bit done to it to make it a bit more accurate. I used a real scope and flash hider. Everything else I had machined. But it came together well and feels great to hold. The gun is a replica Denix metal with a working hammer and trigger. It's reasonably heavy too. Looking forward to some great prop making stories from you local guys

Last edited:
I hope you found a cheaper source for the replica Mauser then than the Collector's Armoury at Springbrook. It's about $300 from them. About 1/3 of the price in the US.

I'm looking for one to make a Green Hornet gas gun. Have tried to get a resin one with no luck.

btw You can imbed that Photobucket link into the message so it just appears in your post as an image.

Alsio looking for a resin Deringer as I need to cut it up and really don't want to fork out $100+ for a metal replica only to throw half of it away.

A Green Hornet gas gun schweet. I really want the Pistol from Firefly the Capt Mal gun. I'd love to try and build it just not sure where to start and what to use... Resin or metal. Brainstorm anyone? I need a mill and a lathe and the skill too lol. This is is a dangerously addictive hobby as now I'm looking at the Green Hornet gas gun too lol

I'm glad that the thread has been received well so far.

I do digital sculpting mostly. It sure leaves less mess on the carpet than clay.

:)

In the next few months I hope to finish off the first major piece I've done in a while...
All will be revealed...I'm pretty excited about it. I've been working on it since last September.

I get stuff 3d printed and do some resin casting.

At the end of last year I commissioned my 83 year old neighbor Merv to make a hand cranked rotocast frame for me which is pretty sweet. The frame has a bush mechanic aesthetic, but is utterly practical.

Navigate to my RPF photo album to see one recent custom toy project I worked on (Bad Teeth comics toys sold at Supernova).

Cheers

Yeah but the one from the old TV series based on a Mauser Broomhandle pistol not the stupid one from the latest movie.

A Green Hornet gas gun schweet. I really want the Pistol from Firefly the Capt Mal gun. I'd love to try and build it just not sure where to start and what to use... Resin or metal. Brainstorm anyone? I need a mill and a lathe and the skill too lol. This is is a dangerously addictive hobby as now I'm looking at the Green Hornet gas gun too lol

I was thinking vintage. What were they thinking with the movie those guns just can't be improved on. They try to improve things these days and it seldom pays off

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back