ULTRON for Pepakura ** 04/11 paper unfold added!**

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
LATEST UPDATE 04/11.... RPF'er montee916 unfolded this stuff for paper.... Not an easy job, and he did it on his own watch and is now offering it for everybody. For now, I will add his paper pep link here: Ultron - Paper files.rar....

ASSEMBLED RENDER CIRCA 4/3
jm0jpx8to47zq8j6g.jpg
[/URL]

Ultron Helmet
Ultron helmet for paper pep
Kamikazebr's updated paper unfold (added 12/8/13)
Ultron helmet for foam (added 5/9)

Helmet file includes helmet, mouth insert, and antennas shown.Helmet default scale is 1.00 for an approximately 24" head. Also, HERE is a link to a .pdo for the red half spheres seen in the picture below if you want them. They are not unfolded, meant more to judge scaling.

ULTRON FOAM TEMPLATE FILES:

ULTRON NECK WRAP AND BRACE

ULTRON CHEST AND DETAILS
ULTRON ABDOMEN AND DETAILS
ULTRON COD

ULTRON RIGHT SHOULDER BELL

ULTRON RIGHT BICEP

ULTRON RIGHT FOREARM

ULTRON RIGHT THIGH (w/ extended top)

ULTRON RIGHT SHIN

ULTRON RIGHT BOOT

The default scale is 252.00, measured for a 6'5" person. You can use the point-to-point measurement feature in Pepakura to estimate your scale. The individual pieces can be imported and combined in Pepakura to help scaling. THESE FILES ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY, if you want to do other stuff with them contact me first.

Original Post
Well, here's another not-Iron Man to cross off my bucket list. I've been tinkering away on an Ultron suit and helmet model for a little bit now, with the coaxing and encouragement of msleeper. The first issue of the new 10-comic crossover Age of Ultron was released today, so what better time would there be to start a thread for the build? (she gets credit for that idea too, I had to be reminded that was happening today)

The following pics are progress shots so far; some ideas have been kept, others eliminated or replaced. Once the large proportions are laid out and look good, I'll go back and add the finer details. I hope to get the modeling done and peps complete in the next month.... :lol

Upper body coming together. I like using Pepakura during the model progress to keep the unfolds more manageable.
feb22_pep_view2.png

spine-detail, forearm beginnings...
march_1_rear_view.png

Working to keep proportions, well, proportionate...
feb28progress.png

Last edited:
Re: Ultron for Pepakura

my 4 yr old just went nuts over this he walked in the room, saw the pictures of your files and screamed "that's Ultron from next avengers, dad, can i have that?" so i seriously cannot wait for these to be done, gonna have to stop lurking and start building again, you guys inspire the rest of us. thanks for that

my 4 yr old just went nuts over this he walked in the room, saw the pictures of your files and screamed "that's Ultron from next avengers, dad, can i have that?" so i seriously cannot wait for these to be done, gonna have to stop lurking and start building again, you guys inspire the rest of us. thanks for that

You should have him watch the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, the first season is on Netflix. I thought Ultron was great in that, and he makes a comeback in a big way in the second season. Plus the show itself is really well done in general.

you sir are amazing wooopp this is another marvel costume to start oooooooooo my marvel rooms going to be amazing hehe and great work it looks amazing and props to msleeper for encourging you hehe

I'm glad someone is tackling this. I just wish someone would start a Great Ultron version.

Looks like I may have to be the one!

if it says avengers in the title hes watched it already at least twice, he has his own laptop and looks for stuff on his own, ive already loaded it with every avengers/iron man movie/cartoon/tvshow i could find, now he wants costumes lol guess i know how im spending spring break

you up for it at dragon con 2014?

I am already building one for a friend for this year, actually! He's doing Ultron 5 (well, the one that laelee is doing) and I'm doing a female Ant-Man. I am waiting until Age of Ultron finishes before I decide the exact costume I'll do, I want to do an Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon style Pym Ant-Man, but if Pym makes an appearance in AU then I'll be doing that for sure.

You should totally bring yours, or try to finish Ultron 8 for D*C this year. My money is on there only being a few Ultrons there, and at least one big Age of Ultron style photoshoot. I'm just gonna say it straight out: Bring yours, you'll be the center of attention at the Marvel shoots.

march_11_render_3.png

Not much of an update, but the (re)direction of the boots with the shin development. The soles I started are looking a little too 'hunting for predator', so I'll be making them a bit more reserved. think it's time to put this aside and look at it later with fresh eyes. So, back (finally) to the helmet detail and antenna work. Thought I'd mention as long as I was thinking about it, I modeled the mouth opening separately as a more gentle dome-shape separately. Reason being, when I build my helmet I want to vacuum form this in a transluscent plastic so I can get it to glow with the eyes. I'll put up the build details when I get to that, very easy to do without any special/expensive tools.

Since a shin and boot shot is pretty boring, here's the torso and arms up to now. I haven't quite figured out how my build posing ended up in the COME AT ME BRO orientation, but I guess it's a good look for Ultron :lol I have put absolutely no weaponry in or on this, so suggestions are welcome, but I would be pretty happy with just forearm pods where stuff could be added/modded in.

march_11_render_4.png

@ DarkJester: How tall is your 4 year old? I'll start an extra child mannequin now if you'd like; I can model out the kid suit pretty easily if I fit them to the smaller model now next to the big guy :)

Thanks for taking a look!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back