ALIEN Weyland Containment Case (inspired by Adam Savage)

Very nice work! I'd love to find a case like that sometime. I really enjoy finds like that.

When I was a lot younger I found some military-ammo cases buried in the ground, full of sand. We dug up three and they scattered amongst friends and slowly disappeared. No one has one anymore.

I found a possible inconsistency that you might want to fix.
In the story behind this containment case, were the cylinders inside it the whole time, with the lid closed? If they were, then the cylinders should be as clean as the inside of the box (it looks pristine).
But if the box was open, allowing the cylinders to become grimy, then the inside of the box should be grimy too (but it's pristine).
The grey foam looks dirty, but the inner walls of the plastic box are too clean.

Btw, what do these cautionary symbols mean?

alien-weyland-containment-case-inspired-adam-savage-dsc_0130.jpg-147753d1362538893

Inconsistencies?? ....

The four canisters show dirt and wear for several reasons. First, they were used to collect material on-planet during a Nostromo-led mineral excursion. They got dropped, dirty, etc. during the mission. Shortly after being collected, these four canisters were stolen from the science lab by a suspicious crewman convinced they held secrets the company was not revealing. The crewman hid them on board by stashing them in the waste tank of the primary environmental system (where the ammonium-oxide and dust in the tank wore them down). The crewman confronted the captain with his suspicions (which were bunk) and threatened to expose the company with his "evidence". The captain had personal information that would ruin the crewman's life and threatened to use it if he didn't return the canisters. After recovering the canisters, the rogue crewman took his own life. The suicide and impending investigation threatened to bring down the captain, who was well-liked. The remaining crew agreed to stow the canisters in the case and hide it in the bowels of the ship and cover up the entire incident. The case remained in hiding until the Nostromo was being refit at drydock shortly before the she left for LV-426

Last edited:
When you say the crew agreed to stow the canisters in the case, you make it sound like the case was not originally designed for those exact canisters, despite the foam having the exact perfect holes for it. Or perhaps it originally contained Weyland Corp Pringles.

The case is a standard bio containment unit. Designed to seal and store quarantined materials. The foam insert can be swapped to accomodate other canister configurations.

Or Pringles.

The case is a standard bio containment unit. Designed to seal and store quarantined materials. The foam insert can be swapped to accomodate other canister configurations.

Or Pringles.

This backstory is just priceless. =D

"In the future, Pringles is considered a biohazard.

_A

Wow, this is really incredible. There's a surplus outfit around here called Gotta Go Surplus that advertises on Craigslist and such. He has a ton of these old Hardigg style cases like what you used if anyone is looking for a source on them.

I had a few people ask about the stickers. I made them myself based on some Promethius graphics I found online. In the spirit of sharing, here is a pdf with all the stickers I used. I printed them out on full-sheet label stock on a color laser printer.

Last edited:
Re: ALIEN Containment Case inspired by Adam Savage

Yep it's simply my preference for the Weyland logo over the Weyland-Yutani logo. Plus, all we know is that "sometime after Promethius", Weyland acquired Yutani. So it's plausible that these cases were still in circulation. Plus ... I just like it better:)

This is great build. I really like it. I too like cases and why my first build was based on a NIKE FOOTWEAR tube bag.

In revisiting the whole Alien universe, I decided to start by watching those cross over films (AVP and AVP-R) and noticed the Weyland logo in AVP is just a W on the uniforms and equipment, not the logo we all know as Weylend Industries we see in the other films.

Is this W used in any other film or is this just another thing Paul WS Anderson got so wrong?

Also is the logo for "building better worlds" in ALIENS Weylend/Yutani?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back