Captain America Avengers Costume Help?

Blazed

Hello all!

I hate asking for help in my first post on forums but I have felt that I have scoured these forums enough (and the internet as a whole) the last 3 days that I can say I might need some help with this.

Some of the threads that I have been looking at here have been very informative and have answered my questions. Others, links are broken or pictures are old and not working anymore. Which is fine! I just need some new, fresh info! Let's get down to business!

The Fabric: I've seen many different answers and preferences. I've been told that Chitosante(spelling?) is the fabric that was used in the film and that some like it but I can't find it anywhere that I can buy locally or online. I've heard jersey fabric, maybe something athletic, all different types, etc. I guess I want something more definitive? What has worked for most other Captain America costumes for you guys? I don't need it to be exactly what they had in the film as long as it looks amazing. I'm pretty stickler on my costumes.

The Helmet: I did see that someone on here was making them at one point but I'm not so sure they are anymore. I found some on eBay that look really good but wanted opinions/thoughts? They are a little pricey. I thought about making a head mold and trying to make it myself but I really have no experience whatsoever with that sort of thing.

Boots and Gloves: The boots are apparently Oakley Assault boots but dyed red? How do you exactly dye a boot like that? Will the black take to a bright red well? Same with the gloves? I think I have someone to make me the armor portion but I may just try to do it myself.

Everything else is taken care of, I believe. Sorry for the long read! Thanks for any information!

Aaron

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back