Final Mass Effect 3 due out tomorrow

Wes R

Legendary Member
Wasn't sure how many ME fans on here knew about it. The thing is freaking massive, you have to download it in 2 parts then install it which is scary as the last DLC for Omega was 2gig itself. I picked the game up for 20.00 and with the extended cut and dlc maybe i won't hate it this time :lol. i'm on my 2nd playthru of the original so i have a renegade and a paragon character to take thru all the way to 3. Might try for a neutral one too starting in ME 2.
Downside is EA is charging 1200 points for these DLC while most other companies aren't that expensive. Hopefully the Dead Space 3 coming out soon isn't that bad.

The ending left such a sour taste in my mouth that I haven't even downloaded the extended ending DLC... let alone play any of the new DLC that's been released for the game :eek

No the extended DLC does the shedding of the light on the endings, this is more adventures on the citadel. The extended cut dlc is just polishing a turd but they really did seem to make a list of complaints that they heard and addressed most of them. There's even an ending scene where shephard is alive if not slightly changed. Also you can get the good ending of shep gasping for breath with only 3100 war assets now.
So far the dlc have been:
extended cut (no game play but a lot of fixing of things and explanations plus a hidden 4th ending.
Omega: you get to help the asari chick take back her station and you meet a female turian.
Leviathan: not sure what all is in this other than a race of giant ocean creatures who learned space flight.
Citadel: this is the newest one and lets you pick up love interests from the past and explore the remodeled citadel like you should have been able to in the first place.

I've actually held off of playing ME2 and of buying ME3 because of the uproar about the "Nothing you do matters" endings, plus the fact that there was no way for Shepherd to survive. I heard they sort of played with that in one of the DLCs but...meh.

Yeah apparently while not the best fix out there the extended cut fixes all about about 3 of the major complaints out there and each ending is a bit different and there is new expansions to each ending to things make sense. It's all stuff Casey and Mack decided didn't matter to appease their EA overlords.

I don't think EA knows the phrase discount. Oddly enough the Dead Space DLC so far are pretty reasonable, it just seems like they're charging a bunch for this stuff to spite us for having an opinion.

Ah. I never tried that, isn't it only for the PC? That makes sense as they can give a direct discount without arguing with Microsoft.

Yeah apparently while not the best fix out there the extended cut fixes all about about 3 of the major complaints out there and each ending is a bit different and there is new expansions to each ending to things make sense. It's all stuff Casey and Mack decided didn't matter to appease their EA overlords.

Fix isn't exactly the right word. One issue they addressed they created an even bigger problem trying to "fix" it. Most of the actual improvements should have been present in the first place.

I'll give them credit for the new "screw you" ending they added, whether it's directed at the anti-ending crowd or not.

Leviathan DLC goes further into describing where the Reapers came from, Wes. Because that's what makes a mysterious villian scarier after you ruined the mystique, more backstory

Leviathan drops a lot of clues about the origin of the Reapers and the nature of the Crucib...coronatio...crux...crucific...that star brat thing. (It's basically evil and out of control, as we theorised. STILL don't know whether Bioware sees it that way, lol.)

The Leviathan species themselves can become a war asset in the final fight. They're heavily involved in the Reaper backstory too. It's not a bad DLC, and I'm enjoying Omega well enough. Eh...hated the ending, enjoyed the journey.

I'll give them credit for the new "screw you" ending they added, whether it's directed at the anti-ending crowd or not.

LOL. Of what they give you it's actually the most ethical option by a mile. Again, doubt they see it that way.

Leviathan DLC goes further into describing where the Reapers came from, Wes. Because that's what makes a mysterious villian scarier after you ruined the mystique, more backstory

Bah, beat me to it. :)

lol I think the writers were trying to make up for the fact that EA/Mack and the other one guy totally kept them in the dark. It's pretty much been proven that the company and the director threw out everything the and the original main writer had done. I bet they were in shock when they found out barely any of their stuff was used. Angry Joe on youtube even chuckled that the hidden ending is kind of a screw you to fans too even if they didn't mean it as one.

LOL. Of what they give you it's actually the most ethical option by a mile. Again, doubt they see it that way.

Yep, and what's worse is regardless of EMS you can't win without using the crucible. I'd love to have seen refusal work at stupid high EMS, but that wouldn't be "art."

Dark Energy would have been so much better than this crap. So many dropped plot threads, so many contradictions to what had been said before. Ugh.

It's funny going on the Bioware forums and see the rage over the new DLC. Everyone's so excited to get an apartment they can decorate instead of go fight a war before it gets destroyed in a week. Bioware excuses it as "well Shepard doesn't know it's going to get destroyed, you have to look at it from a roleplay perspective). Right, so I'm the guy tasked with saving the galaxy by bringing the biggest army ever to bear. I'll get right on that after my love interest in I pick out some drapes and "break in" the apartment. Screw the galaxy, I have needs! :rolleyes

Sadly at this point everything on that forum comes straight from EA's PR department, has for the last year since it all went to hell. Bioware is basically EA's little "witch" at this point. It's like being in jail with a bunkie named bubba. I applaud Visceral for not letting EA push them around nearly as much, they had to give in to the micro transactions thing but they didn't seem to compromise their integrity.

attachment.php

#£•¡ª™•¢

Ugh, more Samantha Traynor. The one and only thing that makes me want to get this DLC is completely butchered by the games complete mediocrity and curb stomping ending.

This DLC is like a complete admission by BioWare on how much they screwed up Mass Effect in the end. This should never have been solely about Shepard. These characters, like in all the other Mass Effect games should have been with us to the very end. Instead of further exploring friends we have lost and gained, we instead chase a hoodie wearing child in the woods.

This is a good example of what happens when 2 people with too much power take over the making of a game and cut out so many others and kiss up to the publisher. Sad thing is the two guys who did this are still working on Mass Effect stuff. I'm hoping that this isn't the end of the franchise but i'm not so sure. I don't fault anyone but those two as there is no way that the writers of the games who worked on at least ME2 before coming to this would intentionally do something so bad. This DLC is nearly 4gb big.

Given the creative upheavals, I'm not sure I really want to get involved with the franchise any further. It also makes me rethink whether I want to be purchasing future Bioware games, if the brand no longer represents a guarantee of quality gaming.

I want to know how many bioware staff members left or are looking to leave still. If they pulled this crap after i poured myself into at least one previous game i'd be royally ticked off. That's why i waited til it was 20.00, i figured no money lost with the new stuff. I'll get bioware stuff but only when it's in the bargain bins or cheap used, especially with them tied to EA. I have no doubt that if they broke away from EA that they'd probably be okay but their kinda stuck thanks to that CEO of theirs selling their souls to EA. I love he flaunts his doctorate around by wanting folks to call him Doctor blah blah.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back