Steel Dredd Helmet build

Spent a bit of time this morning on the new helmet badge, got the size sorted and pretty happy with it, its pretty chunky but it kind of works, maybe the thought of it head butting makes it work.
Got to wait until I get the other welder's up and running before I braze the badge on, otherwise the heat of the weld I still have to do might make them fall off.
Once thats done I can braze them on trim them up repolish and thats that done, then onto the raised edges.
Now I'm going to rest for a little.

photo2agov.jpg

photo1ny.jpg

WOW, now that is impressive! Wish I had those skills (and all the tools necessary! You must have a bangin' workshop!)

Afternoon mate, yeah my workshops ok, spent years collecting some of the tools mainly for the bike I'm building and it projects like these that teach me how to use them, most of my gear isn't amazingly flash but it does the job.

Cheers mate.

Surprisingly it doesn’t weigh that much, it's only one layer of .8mm or so sheet steel, it will have another layer to fill out the borders but I'd be surprised if it was more than 500gr or so at the moment.

That is very cool indeed! Can't wait to see the final thing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ya just need to fit a lil' red light that goes left to right, just joking. this is a great build! if i made this i wouldnt even paint it to show off the hard work!

Well I've been out of it for a little bit and I missed the comp, but I had to help a friend so that took priority.
Anyway here are the latest updates on my helmet.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back