Han Solo Boots

batninja

I've been scouring the 'net for a decent-priced pair of boots suitable for my ESB Solo costume. I've seen both the MotorCowboy boots (a bit pricey.), and the CABoots (the arch/top drop looks, for lack of a better word...funky). And the obligatory East German boots are too short (perfect for some Imperial costumes, though).

I've found a close match in the Devon-Aire Dress Boots for about $130:

crazyhorse_small.jpg

I've found a local cobbler willing to even off the Spanish-style cuff-tops:

solo_boots.jpg

Is this the best alternative? Has anyone found a cheaper, more accurate source for these boots?

I'd be very interested in this as well. I currently use the E. German boots for mine and I really like everthing about the boots except they are a bit shorter than they should be. The problem I see with the riding boots I've seen so far is that they have a rounded toe instead of square and the stitching isn't in the right places. I'm also distracted by the stitch marks on the sides about 2/3 of the way up.

I have the Devonaire's cut off at the top and they work great. Basically, any riding boot cut off straight will work. The Devonaire's are a good middle road of price vs. quality.

The stitch marks on the sides are for the boot-pulls; most tall equestrian boots have them. And they're 'canon', so to speak, as Solo's had these as well (at least in the promotional shots I can see in the Visual Dictionary).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(defyitall @ Dec 19 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]1380990[/snapback]</div>
I have the Devonaire's cut off at the top and they work great. Basically, any riding boot cut off straight will work. The Devonaire's are a good middle road of price vs. quality.
[/b]

Did your cobbler stitch along the top edge, to make a professional-looking finish? How much did he charge? I'm trying to get a few estimates.

Actually since I did it on a budget and the Devonaire's don't have a separate lining, I cut them off with a very sharp utility knife. I only had to glue down the strip over the back seam afterwards.

Looks like a good deal to me. :D

The only thing lower priced might be a pair of used riding boots from ebay. The only problem is finding the right size, but you could get lucky.

Having owned two sets of motorcowboy Solo boots I can attest to the quality being superb....but the reason I owned two is because the custom sizing thing is never an exact science :unsure

Steve

Yeah, I own a pair of MC's Anakin (1st version) boots and I love 'em.

But after a cost/wear ratio analysis, I think I'm going the cheaper route. I only plan to wear this costume a few times, starting with C4.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back