Lost In Space Laser Rifle season 1

LaserRifles.JPG

I may be wrong, but I believe these are in order, top to bottom... 1st, 2nd and then 3rd season

The first two were used off and on in season one, and made occasional appearances later. The last was definitely used a ton beginning in season two, then three. Just going off memory here, always had a soft spot for Lost in Space and the gear.

Thanks for the link to the auction video, that was cool to see

The first rifle is the first season rifle, there were two made. It was later used in many "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" episodes, where it was painted red or yellow, depending on the episode.

The second rifle is the one that was made for the pilot. It is also known as the Chariot rifle because it was in the Chariot's rifle rack. This rifle was built from a REMCO Monkey Division Okinawa rifle. It was also used in a few first season episodes. It was also used as an alien weapon in later seasons.

The pilot/first season pistol was made from the REMCO Monkey Division Okinawa Grenade Pistol.

Third rifle was made for the second/third season. I figured that they changed from the first rifle to this design, because it would be easier to make as a toy.

David.

Very nice! I once read, although I can't remember where, that the first season laser pistols and rifles were painted with black lead-based paint because of it's durability, and probably for it's metallic look. That is why they had that slightly glossy look, it is relly noticeable in the color photos from the first season. But I don't think that they even make lead-based paint any longer.

Does anyone think that we should start a thread listing the toys, and the tv shows and movies that they appeared in? A lot of productions over the years have done it.

David.

Lost In Space Hero Rifle (Season 1)

Looking for the end piece of the barrel the emitter tip what would be good to use to make this piece ?

Last edited:
Re: Lost In Space Hero Rifle (Season 1)

Why did you start another thread on the same topic? Please have one of them deleted. Space to post is at a premium on this forum, bro.

Re: Lost In Space Hero Rifle (Season 1)

I was gonna say I'm seeing double and I have not had a drink yet! :eek

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back