Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter - Take 2

Hi julien looks great.... This will be what jason said..." Epic"
Also can you tell me what kit the gray part is from above the hetzer

Julien,

Finally, you updated the latest progress for your Tie.
I wanted to see it.:thumbsup

Eric.

:facepalm I would bet a lot of money if I was scribing
on round acrylic like that I would have messed
it up!:lol Looking good J-man!:thumbsup

Oooooooo!!! Seriously nice; warts and all approach is right up my alley. :thumbsup

YES!!!! Julien,great to see you back at it.I don't remember,are you building the wings also?

Dave

WTF! This is awesome, Julien!

I have to ask though. I know you have said 5.25" is the correct size. But you said it is 3mm bigger than 5 inches. That makes it closer to 5 1/8", which Plastruct does not make. 6mm would equal close to .25". I'm sure that's what you meant but I just wanted to see if you could clarify.

Awesome TIE ball, though!

Joe

Um yeah; I'm puzzled too. That'd be a metric ball - 13cm precisely. Is that what it is?

I bought my TIE Koolshade a couple of years ago from a member here and have been waiting on a hero kit to come up again. Think I'm about done waiting, I have most of the kit parts anyway, might as well get on with a build along the same lines.

3mm difference between the balls? Pardon me, but even Lance Armstrong wouldn't complain about that subtle of difference. But always look forward to seeing your work Julien.

TazMan2000

LOL! But no one is complaining, Taz. And 3mm is a big difference here actually unless accuracy isn't an issue. But it is to me. Originally 5" was the standard. Julien then found 5.25" was better. Then earlier in this thread it sounded like 5.125". I was just asking for a friendly confirmation from him...I wasn't being critical.

Joe

Man you have determination, I followed all you scratchbuilt kits.

I take a deep breath everytime I start building a kit, I can't imagine buildling something from scratch of this caliber. thumb up to you:thumbsup

GFollano

Hey Julien,

What are those parts circled in red? on my kit they afe have major air bubbles which are beyond repair, I would like to shave them off and add new ones, would you have extras by any chance you can sell me?

Thanks
GFollano

Hey Julien,

Where do you got your correct Hemispheres? Because Plastruct does not sells them...

Thanks, Adolfo

I believe EMA model supplies here in the UK will do them, although Julien would confirm.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back