QMx Enterprise Refit Artisan Replica

rga321

Has anyone actually seen one, besides at a Qmx display booth, bought one or reecieved one of these yet? I am thinking they are not released yet or never will be.....anyone?! :popcorn

Yes, it has been released. I remember seeing where somebody had posted photos of their QMx Enterprise on Facebook recently.

Yes, it has been released. I remember seeing where somebody had posted photos of their QMx Enterprise on Facebook recently.

Thank you sir, my first confirmation ! It's hard to believe I can't find any confirmation, pictures or reviews of the QMX Refit or J.J. Prise online.... :confused

Strange.
I just googled using your exact words and found several, many mentioning it's just a Polar Lights 1/350 model that you can get and build yourself for far less.

Doing it yourself with all the extras will still bring it in at under $1000.
$60-$90 for the model, $300+ for a full lighting kit, maybe another $100 for PE and resin upgrades, another $100 or so for paint if you don't use the decals that come with the kit.

Strange.
I just googled using your exact words and found several, many mentioning it's just a Polar Lights 1/350 model that you can get and build yourself for far less.

$60-$90 for the model, $300+ for a full lighting kit, maybe another $100 for PE and resin upgrades, another $100 or so for paint if you don't use the decals that come with the kit.

Yeah I too have found several forums regarding the QMx's refit origins. From what I've gathered it is likely a resin body using a cast from a PL kit, but QMX won't confirm or deny it. The prototype even had water decals on it, as was well covered on this forum. As for do it yourself, yeah, I still need paint but I have the kit, a resin replacement shuttle bay, TrekModeler premium preassembled lighting kit with replacement base (Ships this week!), and I even picked up a 350 BOP and a 537 dry run AMT refit and I haven't gone over $500 yet.

I like what they've done with the Enterprise D and Serenity, but in my opinion their refit really takes away from their originality as a custom design and build house.

The old QMx thread was the reason I joined this forum since it answered a lot of my questions about that refit.

Last edited:
I did notice that. :) I'm really looking forward to my bop. Its been years since I made one and this is the new one with the landing gear. :thumbsup I'd like to do it now but I really want to get the AMT refit done and off my table.

One small thing to remember here that often gets overlooked is that QMX has to pay a Licensing fee to sell the Refit. Noooooo idea what that might be and not taking ANYONE'S side here.

Just thought I'd mention that as allot of people seem to forget
" you and I " can do what we want at home.

These Companies wanting to sell this stuff can't ! :darnkids

I already saw the big hoopla thread on the company.

So did QMX pay Polar Lights for permission and use of their model?
Now that is the question.

So did QMX pay Polar Lights for permission and use of their model?
Now that is the question.

Why would they have to?

I can buy a model and Polar Lights gets paid for it. If I can't build it myself, I commission someone to do it for me. They charge me their fee to do it, but they are in no way 'hurting' Polar Light's business by doing so.

Strange.

Stranger still, I have Googled too and while plenty of people are talking about the Qmx version in various threads I can not find anyone claiming to own one. Also, no posting of any pictures and or a review of an actual Qmx version....can you post a link please?

Why would they have to?

I can buy a model and Polar Lights gets paid for it. If I can't build it myself, I commission someone to do it for me. They charge me their fee to do it, but they are in no way 'hurting' Polar Light's business by doing so.

Trying to pass off the model as their own creation instead of at least giving credit to it's origins.
Or if what I read in another thread is true then they recast the model and are still taking credit for it being their own creation.

Either way, not cool.
Same as their stealing Jason's Viper Dradis idea and passing it off as their own.

Sideshowcollectors had a thread going about someone who was going to buy one after comic con. It ends with a reference to the mega therpf thread, and its not the first one I've found that does that. I'm going to speculate that the modeling community might have hurt the chances of seeing one in the wild. I mean, after reading what for me was 5 threads about the QMx model, would you buy one, let alone own up to it? I doubt I would on this or any other hobby thread but then again I don't have a spare $5k in the bank-not that I'd buy one it in the first place. IMHO DIY gives you absolute control rather then limited but we'll have to see how mine turns out.

Last edited:
Sideshowcollectors had a thread going about someone who was going to buy one after comic con. It ends with a reference to the mega therpf thread, and its not the first one I've found that does that. I'm going to speculate that the modeling community might have hurt the chances of seeing one in the wild. I mean, after reading what for me was 5 threads about the QMx model, would you buy one, let alone own up to it? I doubt I would on this or any other hobby thread but then again I don't have a spare $5k in the bank-not that I'd buy one it in the first place. IMHO DIY gives you absolute control rather then limited but we'll have to see how mine turns out.

I think you are spot on, I agree with you. Thanks for the reply!:thumbsup

Price increase! $6,995

ewokitllbeokay.gif

I didn't realize they started using gold and platinum on it. Makes me wonder what I can get for my builds, what with my fingers of butter and fists of ham.

I like what they've done with the Enterprise D and Serenity, but in my opinion their refit really takes away from their originality as a custom design and build house.

I have the Serenity and while I love it, I can say they massively over priced it. Also how they handled the whole sale for me was crap, they said 6 months and it took almost a year. And every couple weeks promising that it was in the "finishing" stages. And the paint quality on parts of it are not what I would expect the price "made by a professional FX studio".

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back