BTTF II Pepsi Perfect Project

formula388

I have been wanting to build a Pepsi Perfect bottle for a while now. I had an old 3D model drawn but it was not real accurate and I didnt do much with it. After reading up on nitrox's build thread and seeing Gary Weaver II post rubbings and tracings of his screen used bottles, it inspired me to build my own Pepsi Perfect. See original thread and references here.
I started off by using Garys trace and making a 3D model of it. I then exported the file as an STL and sent it to the 3D printer. Using about 9 cubic inches of plastic, with honey comb support in the middle, the model will be done in a few hours. Here are some progress pictures.
This model is without the straw, after seeing how this comes out I will do one with a flip up straw.

Here it is in the printer.
90B23850-F8E4-441A-85D9-1B987755269D-1381-00000075FBDEF5EB_zps7bd6f08a.jpg

Attached is the 3D drawn model in a perspective view.

Takes a little less then 5 hours start to finish. Depending on the temperature of the machine.

13D935B8-DAF1-4896-890E-2E8457E37B6B-1381-000000924B83BD47_zps34a49e4a.jpg

A8857A18-2E94-418C-BB15-FE88B647CBD8-1381-0000009259CA9BE3_zps513de927.jpg

Needs a little sanding and finish work.
What do you all think?

Perfect... it's amazing how clean the 3d print looks. I had no idea 3d printing could be so smooth.

The accuracy looks 1000% spot on.

Could you have made it hollow?

Not if the top is covered...
If I cut the bottle where the blue starts on the pepsi perfect bottle I could make that hollow and then make a seperate peice for the top straw part... I am always open to suggestions and Ideas. Unfortunatly I cannot make a clear version.

Not if the top is covered...
If I cut the bottle where the blue starts on the pepsi perfect bottle I could make that hollow and then make a seperate peice for the top straw part... I am always open to suggestions and Ideas. Unfortunatly I cannot make a clear version.

You could create a diet pepsi or a slice bottle with it though :D

Haha roland I was thinking I should have renamed this thread. I can make a half model of this and vacuform it but my vacuformer is broke right now.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back