Harry Potter style wands I've made

red4

Sr Member
I'm a geek of several franchises, Harry Potter among them.

Here are my takes on some character wands.

First attempt Harry Potter wand. Lathed from oak; handle textured with Aves Fixit epoxy; handle painted with Model Master Acyrlics; the shaft was stained; and the whole wand was given a coat of shellack.
perhaps____this__by_action_figure_opera-d37c950.png

A bunch of practice and incomplete wands.
From left to right: Ron Weasley 1st attempt incomplete, Harry Potter 1st attempt incomplete, Hermione Granger 1st attempt incomplete, 1st attempt McGonagall, 5 practice wands, Hermione Granger 2nd attempt incomplete
wand_junk_by_action_figure_opera-d3681kq.jpg

Left to right: McGonagall, Ron Weasley 1st attempt complete, Harry Potter 1st attempt complete, Luna Lovegood complete, generic wand
wands_and_handles_by_action_figure_opera-d38vyse.png

Close up of the Ron Weasley wand handle.
ron__s_wand___w_i_p__by_action_figure_opera-d38qtzt.jpg

Luna Lovegood wand on the lathe. It's made from a much softer wood than oak, I forgot which exactly. But oak was really getting to be a pain in the ass, so all my subsequent wands are the same soft wood.
luna_lovegood__s_wand___w_i_p__by_action_figure_opera-d38fx5q.jpg

Luna Lovegood wand complete. I made it as a gift for a friend. The green stain was custom made from Model Master Acrylics. The leaves were engraved by hand with a rotary tool. It was given a very thin coat of shellack.
you__re_just_as_sane_as_i_am__by_action_figure_opera-d38vu0w.png

Harry Potter 2nd attempt is about 90% complete, but I haven't taken any photos. I've also got plans for Ron Weasley 2nd attempt, and Hermione Granger 3rd attempt.

Love em!
Great work!

Thanks!

I'd like to point out, for anyone who might be wondering, that I don't go for screen accuracy. I take inspiration from multiple sources, and create my own versions. The reason I do this is because there are aesthetic choices in the film designs that I don't really like, so I "correct" them in my work.
One example of this are the raised relief vines on Hermione's wand in the movies. I really prefer the look of engraved vines, so that's what I'm going to do. Also, her wand is several inches longer in the movies than it is in the books. I prefer the length specified in the books.

those are amazing - I definitely think using wood rather than plastic grain is worth it for wands
and I always look to books as well :)

That is some exalent work. Glad to see that someone decided to use there own thougts and ideas on how they should look. Keep up the great work.

I laughed at the unstarted Hermione one... At first I thought it was a joke... like she's a broke ass muggle that can't afford a fancy finished wand so she just gets a wooden dowel.

They all look awesome though. Nice work.

I laughed at the unstarted Hermione one... At first I thought it was a joke... like she's a broke ass muggle that can't afford a fancy finished wand so she just gets a wooden dowel.

I've been waiting years for someone to interpret it that way :D

seems wands are funny to make,it's a new game for me too,witha Harry wand,and I admit it's really funny to make.
I may realize other wands in the future,to start a collection,maybe...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back