Jay851's 2012 lawgiver build

jay851

hi all
With all the great lawgiver projects coming to life on here, i have decided to have a crack at one myself.
i am building it around a WE gen 4 glock 18c airsoft pistol, which although is not screen accurate due to the fire selector, the full auto option was a must.
hopefully all the parts will be made from aluminium and i have started on the fron magwell area, which im happy with at the moment. i still have some finishing bits to do on it, and i have machined some rails on the inside so it slides straight on to the glock rail.
i must say with all the great project i have seen on here from some very talented people, it is very inspirational to a prop building noob like me.
keep up the great work guys and girls.
atb
jay

lawgiver1014_zpsec208b7d.jpg

lawgiver1015_zps496bb486.jpg
lawgiver1016_zps65373a46.jpg

lawgiver1017_zps16463da6.jpg

lawgiver1019_zpsc383754b.jpg

lawgiver1020_zpsc01d4664.jpg

lawgiver1021_zpsf42c0c18.jpg

lawgiver1022_zpsf18c5c94.jpg

lawgiver1023_zps9c2169fc.jpg

WOOO, this looks like it's gonna turn out INCREDIBLE. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

thanks guys.
its going to get a lot harder trying to secure all the rear parts as there is next to nowhere on the glock to mount anything. i may have to run a steel strut from the front block along the top of the slide, to the rear of the gun. will keep updating.

atb
jay

on my build I've put an inverted U shape bracket at the rear that you attach the grip saddle to to keep it all in place...if that makes any sense

I did originally just pop a couple of small screws in the bottom half of the glock but ended up breaking the trigger mechanism by drilling through it :/ oops

oh and dunno if you're already planning for it but in case you're not :- that fire selector switch will have to come off or you'll have some serious problems fitting it into the shrouds

What are you planning to do with the fire selector (since the overlays usually fit flush with the slide there)? Sand it down? Replace it with a slotted screw? Remove it completely?
I have a G18 airsoft as well so I have to decide what I'm going to do when I eventually get my lawgiver kit.
I'm leaning towards just removing it (if I can do it without breaking it). From looking at the workings and from what I've heard anecdotally, removing it completely will just leave the gun permanently on full-auto. Which is fine by me.

yes im pretty sure you are right, that it will be full auto only if the selector is removed.thats fine with me too but ideally i would like it selectable, so i will try and reduce the selector in size to blend it in with the slide, and maybe have a slot in it.

cheers.
it feels a bit weighty at the moment but should be able to remove more material to lighten it up.

atb
jay

thanks guys.
its going to get a lot harder trying to secure all the rear parts as there is next to nowhere on the glock to mount anything. i may have to run a steel strut from the front block along the top of the slide, to the rear of the gun. will keep updating.

You may have to be careful of how much weight you add to the slide. Due to the fact that they are airsoft guns rather than actual firearms, sometimes they're very sensitive to the weight on the slide. Too much and it won't cycle. At the same time, you may want to add a little bit of weight to slow down the cyclic rate. The rate on a normal 18C is absolutely insane and WAY outside of what it looked like on the movie.

One of the curious parts of the Lawgiver from the movie was how the shrouds interacted with the slide. I might have to watch it again to specifically observe that. I wonder if anyone has any pictures.

i dont think it should add too much weight to the slide as im pretty sure it is only the rear part that moves and this will be made from aluminium, but the rof is a blur and could do with slowing up a bit. have managed to make the front shroud from billet aluminium which was a pain, and i think i may have to trim about 4mm off the bottom as it is sitting a bit high.

lg2008_zps5fd29173.jpg

lg2009_zpsd466b3a7.jpg

lg2010_zps6f491c78.jpg

lg2011_zpsd25b023d.jpg

I'm wondering if you could use the select-fire switch as an anchoring point for the pieces you're planning on attaching to the slide. Obviously, that switch is attached to a mechanism inside the slide, so it could potentially be used as an attachment point. The switch will probably have to be modified anyway given that it would get in the way.

thanks guys.

regarding the slide...
yes mate im thinking the same aswell. im hoping to machine the whole slide part in one piece, and having the selector holding one side and a screw in the back, as there is a solid part on the back of the g18c slide to put a small thread in.

atb
jay

got a bit more done, the main body. had to make two cut outs at the front to get the front shroud on, but these should be covered with the other parts. still have to add a strut on the main body to run above the slide to support the rear shroud.

lg20062_zps336e6a1f.jpg

lg20052_zps07e21a55.jpg

lg20042_zps8b9d2da1.jpg

lg20032_zps8f6c81ac.jpg

lg20022_zpsa929f9e7.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back