Jay851's 2012 lawgiver build

cheers.
have started on the rear shroud, still need to make the sights and add the vent slots but starting to take shape.

lg3002_zps6ed944bd.jpg

lg3001_zps11531557.jpg

many thanks for the comments.
have got the flash hider done and now starting on the mag, will get some pics up soon.

atb
jay

my two pennyworth , I would extend the selector switch out and drill a matching aligned hole in the outside plate , so it would appear completely flush with the surface, but you'd still be able to access the lever, allowing you to select semi or full auto , once painted it would blend into the surface.

Yes fella, thinking along the same lines. will be filing down the selector so that it blends in as much as possible but is still functional.
started on the front mag, not sure whether to make it fixed or have it detachable yet. have found some inert rounds to put in there, one thing is for sure this is going to be one hefty piece.

lg4013_zpsa630a35c.jpg

lg4014_zps8b4180fd.jpg

Now that is a lovely piece of machine engineering at it finest , good luck with your build , I will be watching with interest. Me I wouldn't have an all metal mag as if you load it even with inert shells it's going to weigh heavy , and firing it ( Airsoft) would be difficult as well as carting it about on your hip - unless you machine it out of thin aluminium sheet and use high intensity magnets to hold it in place , then you'll want a spare magazine for your belt , now IN need a 'new' holder for my belt !!.

Many thanks.
The mag is machined from bullet aluminium and has been hollowed out so don't weigh much.if i loaded it with inerts it would be quite heavy but i have found some tanaka 9mm pfc cartridges which are very light so may use them. i have finished machining the mag now and secured all the parts together, just got the rear end and the fiddley bits to sort out now, then some test firing then paint.will post some more pics when i get up.

More pics as promised, all bolted together and solid as a rock. the screws on the top will be hidden with the sights and the rear shroud needs trimming on the left side. not sure what to do about the display scrfeen and serial plate, any ideas welcome.

lg5007_zps7db7dcd7.jpg

lg5005_zps164e33dd.jpg

lg5008_zpsc756d80a.jpg

lg5009_zps8b664fde.jpg

lg5010_zps911c8ed5.jpg

lg5011_zps3ccd1e42.jpg

lg5012_zpse527f22a.jpg

lg5013_zps0ad6ae25.jpg

lg5006_zps0d508e77.jpg

lg5004_zps08fa14e5.jpg

I'm wondering if you could remove the rear sight from the slide and use that as an attachment point for the shroud that will be affixed to the slide.

I stand corrected, if you've remove most of bulk from the magazine aluminium would be ideal.

Beautiful, personally , I'd have the serial no plate laser cut and engraved as it would do the piece justice ( see what I did there play on word's ... oh please yourselves!!) joking apart.
A similar laser engraved perspex sheet , with a backlight Electroluminesent sheet would fit nicely inside , with a small hidden push button switch to turn it on/off , would make it perfect. And being all metal , it could be 'parkerized' ( gun blued) to make it absolutely spot on with the hero filming prop.

I so want a set of parts Please .. and shipping them as all parts ( not in one kit - obviously !!) should not break the rules on the act so , you should be able to ship to UK and all Europe member states. It just makes it a bit more fiddley!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if you could remove the rear sight from the slide and use that as an attachment point for the shroud that will be affixed to the slide.

thanks guys. yes going to do that as its the only secure place really.
started on the slide shroud, the fire selector will be flush with the side but will still retain the lip, so it will be able to be turned still. also started on my pinski helmet, still a lot of tidying up to do around the badge and edges, but happy so far. :)

lg5005_zpse64c18d7.jpg

lg5004_zpsd28ad75e.jpg

lg5006-Copy_zps8a2384c7.jpg

lg5002_zps8b44bada.jpg

lg5001_zps3f81e810.jpg

That's just disgustingly good. No, better than good. Outstanding work, just toe-curlingly awesome. Nope, no superlatives good enough for this one.

Do you mind me asking how you have fixed the pieces to the gun, and what you have used to machine your component parts so damn well, sensei? ;)

One last question, where did you get the measurements for your components, and the Lawgiver, or are these an educated guess from a clearly practiced eye?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back