Return of the Jedi "Road Creature" help

Prop Nut...

Hello All!

I was hoping to reach out to the RPF community ask ask for your help. I am trying to find either Blu Ray screen caps or behind the scene photos of the "Road Creature" that get's eaten outside of Jabba's palace.

It's the scene where a frog-like creature sits unnoticed by the audience, as the camera pans towards Jabba's Palace. Suddenly a small fury creature notices the frog creature and tries to escape. The frog creature spits his tongue out and catches him like a fly.

Well, I'm working on project/display of this scene and would LOVE to have either a hi res scene capture of that setting or even better, I'd love it if anyone had production photos or behind the scene photos of this shot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Gio

Worrt?

RoadCreature_zps62080921.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the pic of Worrt that Jme3 posted is of the original puppet from an exhibition.

Not much to go on for Worrt's snack, reference-wise:

tatbug.jpg

James, where did Worrt come from? Is it a sideshow piece? How big is it?

Hi Prop Nut,

As Howlrunner stated, that was indeed a photo of the Lucasfilm puppet. From the limited references we have as to his meal on that occasion, it really looks to have been little, if anything, more than just some kind of fur clumped together in the general layout of some rodent. I don't think anyone would hold it against you for not being able to reproduce a screen-precise replica of the critter! :lol

Unless I was dreaming, that furry creature was up for auction recently but I just can't remember where right now. I think it was more than just fur clumped together.
Oh yes, I remember now. It was the PIH auction 12/15/2012.

Last edited:
You guys have been very helpful. What i was trying to get is a screen capture of that short scene, outside of Jabba's palace, not just the creatures themselves. (I should have been more clear)

But I do appreciate the close-ups of the creatures. They are very interesting to look at, close up.

So if anyone can post (or email) a hi-res screen cap of that scene, I would grestly appreciate it. Thanks in advance,
-Gio

What about post #6 above? That's about as close a screen-cap of the creature you're looking for that I can think of. Forgive me if I've misinterpreted your meaning...

You guys have been very helpful. What i was trying to get is a screen capture of that short scene, outside of Jabba's palace, not just the creatures themselves. (I should have been more clear)

But I do appreciate the close-ups of the creatures. They are very interesting to look at, close up.

So if anyone can post (or email) a hi-res screen cap of that scene, I would grestly appreciate it. Thanks in advance,
-Gio

Jsmes, that close-up is nice, but I was hoping fore the full screen cap, where that close-up came from.

In other words, you've provided a cropped close-up of the Tatooinian Sand Bug and I was hoping for the origianl (uncropped) full scene showing Jabba's Palace in the distance, the two suns setting, and Worrt & the sand bug in the lower part of the shot.

Six years ago, I did a miniature version of this scene to showcase my Sideshow versions of the creatures. For the Palace, I used a scan of the matte painting itself, found in the book Art of ROTJ, and then overlaid a rather blurry movie framecap (compared to the scan, anyway) to add in the suns-set. Got a local printer to print it out for me, and spray-mounted it to foamcore, then made a small foam base.

Jabbas_Palace_100_percent_done.jpg

If you want to see pics of the whole project from start to finish, check out this thread... http://forum.rebelscum.com/t976540/

Alex

Jsmes, that close-up is nice, but I was hoping fore the full screen cap, where that close-up came from.

In other words, you've provided a cropped close-up of the Tatooinian Sand Bug and I was hoping for the origianl (uncropped) full scene showing Jabba's Palace in the distance, the two suns setting, and Worrt & the sand bug in the lower part of the shot.

Sorry I lost track of this thread Prop Nut.

How's this?

RockWorrt_zps563f00aa.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back