Scratchbuilt 6 feet Alien Nostromo

Isnochys79

Hello to everyone,

This is my first post here. I am Fred from France and just want to let you know that two years ago, I have decided to build from cardboard one of my favorite spaceship : the Nostromo from Alien. This was my first time on scratchbuilt and I really want to get a huge model.

For reference, I have used the kit from Halcyon in order to increase fivefold its dimensions. On the attached photos, you can see the progression from the start to the almost finished model (still need a better paint job). I am far from the model used in the movie :unsure but it's as huge as I wanted :). I hope that you will understand my english and will have your opinions about this work...

If interested for more informations and a video of the actual result, this is a link to my blog and a post about that :

CinesfX: 2013 : Mon Nostromo en Carton ... / My Scratchbuilt Nostromo

this is madness! i love it. the last two pictures are fantastic. may i ask, how did you build the landing gear? what materials did you use?

Thank you again for your kind impressions on this project. Strode, the Landing gear is made from cardboard and small plastic tubes (or pipes ?, don't know the exact word). I didn't intend to create the landing gear at the beginning but it was finally one of my favorite part of the making.Here are the different steps on photos

Welcome!

Wow, what a cool concept, and it looks really nice! I built some cardboard stuff when I was young and its great fun.

If you some day decide to make one in styrene you will be thrilled about about vacforming round shapes and so on.

Keep the pics coming!

v06N8.gif

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back