Project Idea : RC'ed KRANG Android...

KrangPrime

Master Member
Here's a question...what do you think it would take to build a life Sized, Remote Controlled Krang Android?

I gather it would be rather tough to make it walk..But maybe the head could move, and the arms could move up and down like they do in the show. But if it walks, you could take it to conventions and show floors :).

The problem is, how would you make it?
Things like the glasses and the Antenna could be made in metal easily enough.

Might Be able to make the Wrist Metal parts out of a Cylinder and weld together some squares on top of it easily enough.

The Hard part would be getting a toon accurate Head, Body, and Legs.
First, plans would need to be made up. Then, what? Resin Parts? 3D Printed parts? If I do this down the line, or someon else takes up the challenge, it'd need to be as show accurate as possible, and that'd be part of the fun..

Ideas, comments, accusations?

579779_10150992734770211_1038425346_n.jpg

I doubt that you would be able to make a robot that could walk on its own two legs, what I would consider if I were you for this project is to rig it to move infront of you while you walk, almost like a large puppet. Movement of the figure would be controlled by your movements and therefore it wouldn't involve any programming or thousands of dollars in complicated electronics. What you would do is create a jointed skeleton that you could control almost like 3po in episode 1:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d...The Cosmic Cube/ArtooAndThreepio/c3po2_bg.jpg You could then create a skin out of fabric, which would be a million times cheaper than latexing it plus it would be extremely easy to move. Just think realistically, I doubt it is possible on a budget to build a self balancing and walking robot without a LOT of money. The puppeteer option IMO would really look cool and give the same impact as a robot would.

I doubt that you would be able to make a robot that could walk on its own two legs, what I would consider if I were you for this project is to rig it to move infront of you while you walk, almost like a large puppet. Movement of the figure would be controlled by your movements and therefore it wouldn't involve any programming or thousands of dollars in complicated electronics. What you would do is create a jointed skeleton that you could control almost like 3po in episode 1:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d...The Cosmic Cube/ArtooAndThreepio/c3po2_bg.jpg You could then create a skin out of fabric, which would be a million times cheaper than latexing it plus it would be extremely easy to move. Just think realistically, I doubt it is possible on a budget to build a self balancing and walking robot without a LOT of money. The puppeteer option IMO would really look cool and give the same impact as a robot would.

that option, and actually WEARING it where two things I was thinking about..but if you want show accurate, i'm not tall enough to wear it height wise :).

The thing with something like this, is , if i'm going to do it, i want the material to make it LOOK like a prop for a movie. Not like it was thrown together for two minutes and worn last minute at a comic convention.

Case in point, there was a giant Transformer costume that looked like it was made out of metal or plastic at comic con a few years ago. thing was HUGE, at least 10 feet tall. But it looked like it walked right out of a movie. That'd be the look i'm going for here..tooney, but with decent materials that wouldn't make it look 'cheap...'

edit- might not be the same one, but it was something like this :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNzXdsvqd8

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back