Is anyone going to be making a jaeger from pacific rim ?

firebapx

to clarify not the internal suit the guys piloting it wear i mean like a small scale wearable version of the Jaeger its self. gipsy danger looks particularly doable ? that helmet of his is amazing

Given the non-humanoid proportions (the Chinese one's legs actually have a double-bend), it wouldn't be particularly accurate if it was done at all.

I was actually hoping to bring to life an original Jaeger I just don't know how to do 3D modeling I already have the concept done in Illustrator from Adobe...

I'm working on building miniature Jaeger about two feet tall. Originally I wanted to make an Eva Unit 0 from Neon Genesis Evangelion but after I saw Pacific Rim I thought making a Jaeger might be easier to start with since the designs are a lot bulkier (I wanted mine to move so a bulkier stature means more room for mechanisms and electronics). I already built the armature out of dowels, bolts, nuts, servos, and cables and I'm going to start on the body soon. I'll be sure to post anything I discover along the way. Instead of doing PEP files I was thinking of sculpting in foam and clay and then making casts of the parts. Does anyone have any leads on good reference material apart from stills and the marketing posters that they released? I'm making the Coyote Tango by the way (Coyote Tango - Pacific Rim Wiki).

here are some progress pics of my gipsy 20140908_222044.jpg20140908_222117.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back