Supernatural Angel Wing Projector - Very Very Rough Sketch!

My progress on this is pretty much halted until I get my angel blade, since the size of the unit is going to be relative to the size of the blade and where it needs to be supported.

I'm not going with any kind of bulb just due to the size of them. I want the smallest, most controllable, direction-able light I can get which is going to be some configuration of LEDs.

I'll use breadboard for the LEDs and build in a switch. Ideally I'd like to use a 3-setting switch and have it powered by a mains adaptor.

My progress on this is pretty much halted until I get my angel blade, since the size of the unit is going to be relative to the size of the blade and where it needs to be supported.

Mine too, every time I start getting my head round a build it leads me onto some other idea and I start planning and researching that. As a consequence I got a ton of stuff lined up and plotted out but nothing to show for it as yet.

That made me laugh. But yes, you need the trench coat and the dishevelled shirt and tie!

The irony there is, all my shirts and ties ARE dishevelled. Don't have a trench coat though.

Just tried my idea but I need a light which is smaller, has a broader beam ( because the wings are broad and which is easy to operate, for example with a switch or a click light

Think this might be your answer

Try these guys, super small and strong. Also they have kits to edit the colour and blinking and such, and even a wireless card.

thingm :: an electronic product studio: BlinkM

Excellent find, thanks. Bookmarked this page, I checked out the UK distributers and the prices are still reasonable. No massive, rip off britain, price hikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad and I are going to attempt to put together a stand like the one in the first post. Will update as we move along the process!

This is awesome that I found this thread! I'm actually working on a pair of wearable angle wings for a Castiel costume myself. I'm currently working with wings cut out of black acetate and low profile headlamps with the front piece of plastic removed. (I found that the plastic created to hazy of a wing outline).

I've taken a break from working on it to work on the resin angel sword I got and needed more work that I thought it would. But this is where the right wing was at when I stopped. This wouldn't be the final wing cutout, it was just the sample to test it out. And the pic I took was difficult to get, so I rotated the original pic to match the angle I got my pic at. :)
photo2_zps540c517f.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back