Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Cod and Hip Plate added!

Thanks everyone for the comments! :thumbsup

Thanks for the Props. The only thing I would add, is make sure you use a good solid base for the pieces. I took the design and used a nice sturdy polystyrene to build the knee, then epoxy'd it to the lower and upper. Worked really well when walking!!

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/aksarben911/20130622_180937_zpsc48abeee.jpg

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/aksarben911/20130622_180924_zps3d085600.jpg

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/aksarben911/20130622_184657_zps5c56e1a4.jpg

Not close ups, but, you can see how the knee works well

Looks awesome still! Proportions, paint, and overall suit just looks fantastic (y)D

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

if anyone can give me some advice for hardening and smoothing the foam I'm thinking either fiberglass cloth with resin and then some bondo or just bondo. i dont know if this will be too heavy or if will even work.

Look at my suit on the last page (I think it's page 67). It is completely lined with epoxy resin over 5oz fiberglass cloth. Then the outer is coated in epoxy resin, sanded then plasti-dipped. Very strong, and the whole thing still weighs less than 20lbs. Do NOT use Poly Resin, as it will not cure properly on foam and will leave you one unhappy person!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

Glad your back Jackie and love the way the back is looking :)

Look at my suit on the last page (I think it's page 67). It is completely lined with epoxy resin over 5oz fiberglass cloth. Then the outer is coated in epoxy resin, sanded then plasti-dipped. Very strong, and the whole thing still weighs less than 20lbs. Do NOT use Poly Resin, as it will not cure properly on foam and will leave you one unhappy person!

i was thinking about doing that but it is a little pricy do u think the bondo method will work

Really sorry for not posting anything everyone! :eek Internets been acting up on my computer but everythings squared away and here i am!

Thats lookin pretty awesome! Great job!

Thanks a lot for this means a lot!

Its looking pretty great! Cant wait to see more!

Looks too cool! :cool:cool

All metal! Thats an awesome looking gauntlet!

Another awesome looking Mk 42! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I didnt show up empty handed! Look what i haaaave ;)
View attachment 209569View attachment 209570

Heres some with the flaps in action :)
View attachment 209578View attachment 209579

jackie do u want me to try to unfold those for u?

Untitled.jpg

I heard some people are having a problem building the abs. Here's a small tip.

Align the pieces before printing.
Trace it as a whole to the rubber sheet.
Cut away details and glue them with one another. Each one being glued lower or higher than the previous one. [See JFCustom's for tutorial on this]. The end result is having the layers kinda like overlapping each other.
That should faster and way easier. Hope that helps.

Try to do it with the other parts as well especially the shoes and thighs, should help a lot.

i feel so stupid asking this but how do i start a thread?

Go to one of the main sub-forums, such as 'Replica Movie Costumes'.

On the top left of the screen, under the 'Page 1 of XX', you should see a button entitled '+ post new thread'

Hey great work.. Just wondering what scale would it be for someone 6'5"?

So when's it gonna be done??

Hey guys!

I after 2 months of constant work on my costume, I was able to finish it for the 2013 San Diego Comic Con! Thank you to Jackie, Helegak and all the unfolders for making it possible! Here are a few pics from the convention. It was a hit!

P1050401.pngimage_42.jpegimage_43.jpegP1050413.png1851-KIZHL0.jpg

ah... you got to goto the SDCC?

LUCKY

... I gotta try and get out there one-of these years... Just like the Muslims and their Haj.

Atleast One Pilgrimage per Lifetime.

Hey guys!

I after 2 months of constant work on my costume, I was able to finish it for the 2013 San Diego Comic Con! Thank you to Jackie, Helegak and all the unfolders for making it possible! Here are a few pics from the convention. It was a hit!

View attachment 211956View attachment 211957View attachment 211958View attachment 211959View attachment 211960

ROFL! Love the last pic. Iron Man IS a Stark ;) Great job!

I build mk 42 forearm, in movie when was attack on 10880 malibu point,mark 42 was just prototipe and system was offline.
Tony could not fire missiles and he needed to open by hand. its not over yet.

IMG_1444.jpgIMG_1438.jpgIMG_1437.jpgIMG_1436.jpgIMG_1434.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back