Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

I made Jackies chest, but I broke down and decided to make helagaks new back, since my patience wore off.
Jackies foam chest I scaled from 555 to 458, but helagaks foam new back is 418 default, which I scaled to 460 to try.
Anyone used these 2 together or know if they will match up at those scales?

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

Quick question for everyone that has already finished the suit- what colors did you use? I've had several colors that look close enough, but I don't know if they will look the same when the paint has dried. Any advice?

I kinda want to do a black and white suit with black as the red and white as the creme/gold color

*huff* *puff* OMG it took me like a week to get through all 63 pages, so forgive me if I ask anything that was already answered. :p

First - that "Mexican eBay" site - the last link posted here to it showed that it included a Pepakura Designer 3 serial. Someone may want to contact tamasoft and get them on it too. Obviously people stealing work is crappy enough as it is, but it looks like they are pirating software as well!

Second - someone clear this up for me - are there one or 2 MK 42 helmets available now? I saw some people say helagak (spelling?) but I saw someone else use another name buried in this thread somewhere.

Third - Jackie, great effin' job, man! (actually that should have been first ;) haha)

Fourth - I have a request that *may* stop some questions on parts. Is it possible to edit the OP to include a complete parts list and put - IN PROGRESS or something next to the ones that aren't completed yet? Newbs like myself (still haven't done a single pep yet, going to start with this one) won't know how many parts there are total. So for example, I would have no idea the Hip Pod isn't finished yet and might try to put a suit together and then realize there's something missing. Does that make sense?

Okay, I think that's it for now. Thanks all, and great job to jackie, and ironmaided, and gaiatron, and anyone else who modeled, unfolded, or just gave great advice in this thread!

*EDIT* It was Gimpee's helmet. That was the other name. So do Gimpee and Helegak both have helmets? I found Hel's thread with the full suit (and v2 in the works) but no helmet. I actually wanted to start on that, because if I never finish anything else, I could still wear the helmet :p

Last edited:

I was starting the mark 42 helmet and was wondering does anyone know what causes these weird edge borders when I printed it?
border.png
Any help will be much appreciated!

Second - someone clear this up for me - are there one or 2 MK 42 helmets available now? I saw some people say helagak (spelling?) but I saw someone else use another name buried in this thread somewhere.

*EDIT* It was Gimpee's helmet. That was the other name. So do Gimpee and Helegak both have helmets? I found Hel's thread with the full suit (and v2 in the works) but no helmet. I actually wanted to start on that, because if I never finish anything else, I could still wear the helmet :p

There are many MK 42 helmets available right now, but the best one I'd say is Blackout's:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/blackouts...-version-2-accurate-hd-helmet-inbound-185331/

- - - Updated - - -

I was starting the mark 42 helmet and was wondering does anyone know what causes these weird edge borders when I printed it?
View attachment 205836
Any help will be much appreciated!

In the "Print and Paper Settings" option, do you have the "Print alignment marks for multiple pages" checked?

There are many MK 42 helmets available right now, but the best one I'd say is Blackout's:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/blackouts...-version-2-accurate-hd-helmet-inbound-185331/

- - - Updated - - -

In the "Print and Paper Settings" option, do you have the "Print alignment marks for multiple pages" checked?

Thank you. I'm in the US and he only has A4 on there. Does that matter? What do I do, just change my printer settings to US and rearrange things if necessary?

Thank you. I'm in the US and he only has A4 on there. Does that matter? What do I do, just change my printer settings to US and rearrange things if necessary?

Exactly. Make sure to scale too.

anyone have a simpler ab unfold? this ab piece is driving me nuts

Took me a while but I read through all 64 pages. I'm currently trying to figure out a scale for the abdomen+codpiece combo. I was going to using 460 but there was a prior post of someone saying that they used 468 (which is a little smaller than 6' scale as per the scale list) with a 32 waist in pants and 158 lbs.

I wear a 32 and I'm 160 lb. Can any one justify or confirm this fitting and how well it fit. I'm tempted to up mine to 465 before I start building.

Just thought I'd ask! I'm very big on measure twice+, cut once.. So that I don't have to be cutting twice.. Haha

Took me a while but I read through all 64 pages. I'm currently trying to figure out a scale for the abdomen+codpiece combo. I was going to using 460 but there was a prior post of someone saying that they used 468 (which is a little smaller than 6' scale as per the scale list) with a 32 waist in pants and 158 lbs.

I wear a 32 and I'm 160 lb. Can any one justify or confirm this fitting and how well it fit. I'm tempted to up mine to 465 before I start building.

Just thought I'd ask! I'm very big on measure twice+, cut once.. So that I don't have to be cutting twice.. Haha

I'm the same size as you and I just used the default scale. Hope this helps..

iron yo.JPGiron yo.JPG
It is my first draft foam thank you for all that you take the trouble to create them ,i am still completing but i hope that they like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back