Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Abs added!

FishHands- I think Cadeus pretty much summed it up :)

Angry man- Yes i would like to one day finish the Mk V, unless someone of course models it for pep before me, but youre right i am kinda backed up right now. As soon as i finish this, i will go back and make the V2 IP files and after that i should be free :)

I noticed this looking at a new TV spot for IM3
View attachment 156168

Apparently, that part is a back flap as well :unsure (highlighted in green)
View attachment 156169

Well thanks to the Hot Toys Mk 42, i know how it looks under the other flaps, but now i have no idea what these look like underneath :( Unless i missed something. Again if anyone by chance could help to see the inner workings under that flap, itll help a lot :)

View attachment 156168

View attachment 156169

Well thanks to the Hot Toys Mk 42, i know how it looks under the other flaps, but now i have no idea what these look like underneath :( Unless i missed something. Again if anyone by chance could help to see the inner workings under that flap, itll help a lot :)

I never noticed that. Anyway, I'm waiting for your upper torso file and will work on those flaps again. Need to program 4 servos this time. :facepalm

FishHands- I think Cadeus pretty much summed it up :)

Angry man- Yes i would like to one day finish the Mk V, unless someone of course models it for pep before me, but youre right i am kinda backed up right now. As soon as i finish this, i will go back and make the V2 IP files and after that i should be free :)

View attachment 156168

View attachment 156169

So a total of five flaps nice..now seeing that :) it looks cooler.

So jackie if you can't come up with anything for the back inside detail, are you just going to give the option to others of having the back with flaps closed?

AFDesigns- Hmmm i think i might have to do that i might just leave it a flat piece on the inside of the flap with no detail just to include that extra flap for detail :)

Hey, Ty! Listen, there is always gonna be someone better than you at SOMETHING... If you found the best CGI artist on therpf, there is someone better than HIM, too. I think your helmet is a great start. And it's OK if it isn't perfect. A sculpture always starts out looking like a block of clay. If you like foam, stick with it, and you'll get better (pretty quickly). It aint rocket science! :p Most importantly, enjoy yourself. This is a hobby forum. We are all here to learn, have fun and enjoy each other. :) And the only tip I can offer you is to get a sharper knife. It looks like your blade may have been dull. Otherwise, I like it. Once you clean it up a little it could be ready for hardening or paint, depending on your intentions. Never be afraid to ask questions. :angel

Thanks m8 means alot :) Ill post pics of mine abs I'm cutting the foam now..I actually use scissors not knife is that ok?

I would recommend using a sharp knife, or "exacto" knife... this guy is awesome:
How To Build Foam IRON MAN / WAR MACHINE Costumes and MANY More! - Part 1 (NEW INTRO) - YouTube
TheHeroTutorials will walk you thrue every aspect you can think of to make the best armor. I am not being lazy and passing the buck; he just explains it better than I can... and you can see what he's doing. These tutorials are how I learned, and now my voodoo is crystal! Good-luck, my friend! :)

Thanks m8 means alot :) Ill post pics of mine abs I'm cutting the foam now..I actually use scissors not knife is that ok?

I use scissors for all my foam cutting as well mate, and it's more than fine! Just take your time and don't rush the cuts and it will work out. I use an old pair of fabric cutting scissors that I pilfered from the Mrs when she got a new pair, so they're fairly decent quality, but they cut just fine :).

Foam - check
glue - check
knife - check

I am waiting for the weekend! :)

I found this triler now that im see the colors of the costume are more like yellow and not gold in the armour what do yo think the real color of the real armor is????:eek:eek:eek

22493-screenshot-2013-04-17-10-56-22.png

Last edited:

Thank you everyone!

IronAvenger- Woah thats awesome!! I actually thought it was a still from IM3 the colors are so spot on! Great job!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back