Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Abs added!

Hey jackie how's the chest coming up can't wait to see it its gunna be awsome just like your files but I'm gunna b patiant lol I've started my mk42 build now just finished peping gimpees helmet file :p gunna try and scale the files I have tho , just a question if I scale the boot do I use that same scale foe the shin and thigh ?

Yea I want to know more about chest too! Show some work in progress pics,means alot man.

Thanks.
I'm talking about the mettallic parts you can see in the helmet cheeks, in the inner elbows and knees and here and there in the suit, so not the gold nor the red. I have my gold, even if it could be a bit more golden but it will do, and I just finished the correct red. Better now, more shiny and deeper.

thanks jakie you ROCKS¡¡¡ thanks to the unfolders gaiatron, iron maided, and streetsoul well the abs was the most hard part i ever built but its done here my advances I WAS WONDERING HOW YOU GO WITH THE CHEST PIECE JAKIE???:):)

22457-20130415-140318.jpg

22458-20130415-140335.jpg

22459-20130415-140400.jpg

Last edited:

Streetsoul and FishHands- :lol dont worry guys its coming along. I was trying a slightly different method in modeling than i have normally been doing but i dont think i like it so much :unsure (its taking a bit longer than normal) so ill go back to the usual process :) Ill upload a sneak peek in a bit ;)

Teragon- I see what you mean. Well to me it looks as though it might be a dark silver chrome finish, rather than a metallic finish.

b0rck- Looks good! Great job!

r11no- :lol believe me i love that suit too and the Red Snapper :thumbsup and i would love to model them as well :) Maybe after the IP V2 is finished i might collaborate with someone else to ty to knock these out for all of you out there :)

MINT!!

I found one like this of the deep space suit

Its very little sneak peek (i took out some other parts of the chest that i modeled just to keep it as a sneak peek :p;)) but here it is! Ill show more soon dont worry everyone :)
View attachment 156074

I posted this in another thread but I got no answer so I'm posting it here because you guys talk more. I'm ashamed a bit since all of yours is so good and now that I look at mine it's horrible is it? Anyways here's the post:
Now I see my ears are wrong. I gave up with paper because it took me 1 whole summer to make 1 helmet out of paper(to make this one it took me 2 days),and it need more work after its made. So I tried with foam and it worked but much harder for details and stuff. I guess I'll be going back to paper? What do you say? Ty. :)

35a3mrm.jpg

Stick with foam. Get better at that before you change genres...

jackieisrockin: oops sorry..someone has posted silver centurion suit on other thread..i didn't read that before.. LOL :D ,

awesome sneak peek!

I posted this in another thread but I got no answer so I'm posting it here because you guys talk more. I'm ashamed a bit since all of yours is so good and now that I look at mine it's horrible is it? Anyways here's the post:
Now I see my ears are wrong. I gave up with paper because it took me 1 whole summer to make 1 helmet out of paper(to make this one it took me 2 days),and it need more work after its made. So I tried with foam and it worked but much harder for details and stuff. I guess I'll be going back to paper? What do you say? Ty. :)

35a3mrm.jpg

Hey, Ty! Listen, there is always gonna be someone better than you at SOMETHING... If you found the best CGI artist on therpf, there is someone better than HIM, too. I think your helmet is a great start. And it's OK if it isn't perfect. A sculpture always starts out looking like a block of clay. If you like foam, stick with it, and you'll get better (pretty quickly). It aint rocket science! :p Most importantly, enjoy yourself. This is a hobby forum. We are all here to learn, have fun and enjoy each other. :) And the only tip I can offer you is to get a sharper knife. It looks like your blade may have been dull. Otherwise, I like it. Once you clean it up a little it could be ready for hardening or paint, depending on your intentions. Never be afraid to ask questions. :angel

Hi Jackie, I know your crazy busy and I don't want to add to it but you had mentioned and showed some sneak peeks of your work on the mark v a while back is that still on the list to do? The mark v seems to be the unicorn of armours. Lots of people start modeling it but no one finishes :p If you are planing on finishing let me know I think the ref pics I sent you don't capture the detail on the back of the calf well. It's a tricky spot I might need to make a video or something for you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back