The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Costume Reference Pics

First shot of new webshooter and deffinate puff paint style on the blue sections:
667baf87a76eec73e20c65ea9644851a_zpsb334d340.jpg

In the beginning I was a TASM hater, I'm not gonna lie but what sold me was the passion that Garfield and the cast had so after that I decided to give the film a fair shake and I really do love it. My biggest thing that will make or break this suit design for me is if they put as much thought and reason as they did for the first one. I really loved how all the things on the TASM suit had either a purpose or were explained. If he just shows up with this new suit it will basically discredit all the reasons and thoughtfulness of the first suit.

And the last thing we need is a reboot of such a potentially great series. It would be the same as if they rebooted the raimi series after the first film and that would've meant no SM2, something that I think all fans agree is great.

I don't like the zipper in the back of the mask. When you look up the back of the head where the zipper sits goes all puffy. If they used silicon for the webbing it would have handled the stretch in the neck required when pulling it over the head. Only reason I can see for the zipper is 1: it's not stretchy webbing or 2: It allows the actor to drop the hood and get a drink while still keeping a clean neck line the totally removable hood doesn't have.

Brad.

The new web shooters look like the original design for the first movie.

Yeah, I notced that too. I dunno, personally, I liked the real-world tactics that TASM1 used in order to create the web shooters. It will be interesting to see how Garfield's character makes the new ones.

As for the new costume, I'm frankly dissapointed. Like a lot of other guys have already said, I can see how they were trying to pay more homage to the comics. But after seeing the ASM1 suit, I was looking forward to the reboot really making the costumes it's own, not rehash past designs. This just looks like the Raimi suit with slightly different webs, spiders, and different lenses. And for God's sake, couldn't they at least keep with the honeycomb pattern of the first suit instead of the bricks?

Im torn I love the suit but im angry the marc gave in :-( on a side no I really the Spiderman 2 is boring I much prefer 3 altough don't watch them anymore on 10 years but the films did not age well :-/

Couple more pics:

2f70ee5ce9f48d4d2ed112284eff4912_zps743a7967.jpg

018c55761c3ebae510d46426a2469b02_zpsdc156ed2.jpg

Deffinately a raised 3D puff paint style on the blue sections.
Also looks like the webs on the gloves are more 'straight' like the ASM webs were.

It also appears that there might be some sort of detail striping/seaming on the back of the costume, like on the TASM1 suit, extending from the edge of the red around the shoulders curving down to the belt.

...or am I just seeing things?

-Nick

It also appears that there might be some sort of detail striping/seaming on the back of the costume, like on the TASM1 suit, extending from the edge of the red around the shoulders curving down to the belt.

-Nick

I see it too, but it doesn't appear that it will stand out as much...at least from that angle

I like this new suit sooo much better then the TASM 1 suit. I LOVED the raimi version and I think this one may be a bit better, the eyes are way better looking IMO

-Nick

Hmm, yeah I noticed that too but I assumes it was just a seam. You might be right though, it stands out too much to just be a seam.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back