The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Costume Reference Pics

Atleast with the red that's one less place I have to spend hours on. The red almost looks...shiny or velour or something. Love the eyes. Crying because I Loved the ASM front spider. Miss the arms. Miss the hands. Don't like the feet. Miss the edge from ASM. Love the eyes. Love.

Just realized th raised webbing is going for the "stitched on" look. Like parts of the ASM suit that Redtogusa and MCL3AN pointed out a while ago.

When my brother showed me this costume it was too good to be true. I thought it was fake. Then when it was confirmed I was excited beyond belief!
For me this is the most accurate Spider-man costume ever. The Eye frames are black, and bigger. The eye lenses are white. The webbing is raised, but not as large as the Rami webs. I love it.

The Spider is from the first Amazing Spider man. Also the spiders' legs leads into the webbing. It is not on top of it.

The big heel may just be for a stunt shot.
The side wires lead into the costume and attach to the heel.
If not then they are to make his legs look longer in front shots.
Same reason the Ironman armor has a built in heel.

I know everyone keeps saying that the red is a different material, but I just got a dye sub suit done, and the red on it is that shiny.... I think it's just the color of the ink to be honest!

So what are the rest of you thinking for the webs? Puff paint, or urethane like on the Raimi suit?
Nick mentioned a squirt bottle of silicone... I think that would look the best as well.
Also, Brad used some kind of squirt bottle of mask latex on one of his suits for the webs once, and it looked EXACTLY like this... It was Brads 7-piece Spidey suit.... I think if we could find the latex that he used, it may work as well.
Urethane would probably crack and just not look as well. This looks more hand made instead of molded and then stuck on. If you zoom in far enough, whatever material it is has not been glued on, it's been directly placed onto the material to dry (like what you would do with puff paint).

This suit for me is a million years beyond the last suit. For one at least this suit looks like it's made out of spandex like it's supposed to be, unlike the previous one which looked like a mixture of rubber and leather. The eyes are just AMAZING. And the webs are slightly raised but from a distance I can't even tell. And thank god they gave him his belt back and an actual web pattern instead of basketball lines. This is what they should have went with in the first place. It differentiates them from the previous trilogy but keeps the spider-man look. I'm still a bit weary about the red on the arms though. It's definitely a bit wider than the previous suit but I can't tell how much wider. Either way if it's a little small to my liking I won't really care that much because everything else looks so much like spidey.

The red just looks just like printed lycra, just like the Acheson suit it has a slight gloss. The blues looks like they've gone through a similar printing process as the first suit, the difference is this doesn't look as layered and crammed together as the previous suit. It's all uniform.

It looks like a hybrid Raimi/TASM 1 suit with the more pronounced 3D silver webs and the raised pattern in the blue section. It almost looks too cartoony IMHO, especially the eyes.

I guess I like it, but not as much as the first suit. Maybe it will grow on me.

took a gamble with some prototype web shooters based on the spy pics. I'll put more of an effort in once they release more hi res photos.
View attachment 145921
Love them hope to see a junkyard thread soon :)
I think this costume is growing on me im just hoping we don't get a more light hearted Spiderman again he wasn't made for young kids. I love the darker edge alot

The problem I'm having with it is it doesn't look anything like the first suit. Like TASM suit or hate it, consistancy is important. They could've at least kept the spider design and not used the EXACT same spider from the raimi suit.

The problem I'm having with it is it doesn't look anything like the first suit. Like TASM suit or hate it, consistancy is important. They could've at least kept the spider design and not used the EXACT same spider from the raimi suit.

The spider is different from the Raimi suit. It appears to have the long legs of the TASM suit. I think that its one of the few things that ties it to the TASM suit and separates it from the Raimi.

Pardon my ignorance but I think of this as being similar to the bat-suits and how each suit was different in each Batman film...except for the Raimi suits more or less. I gotta say though I like this TASM 2 suit a lot, its a classic but also incorporates some newer things. Clearly Sony Pictures wanted a more streamlined typical suit this time though, for whatever reasons. I don't think there is some hidden story in the movie to incorporate this change haha, I'm guessing the majority of spidey fans and/or Sony Pictures simply liked the look of a comic book-suit better.

Last edited:
On the blue part of the new costume it kinda looks like a type of honeycomb. It might just be my eyes though.:)

I think it's more of a raised brick pattern than a honeycomb.

I've got a theory and I thought here was as good a place to put it as any.
I'm thinking that the webs on the new suit are made up of both urethane and puff paint, or it's movie equivalent.

The center webs on the chest are obviously a type of urethane. You can tell this because it looks like the spider and the center webs are one piece. Look closely and you can see small amounts of flashing connecting the spiders legs to the webs. So the spider and the center webs are the same material.
However, if you look about 4 'web lines' out from the center line you can see that the webs change appearance slightly. It's pretty hard to tell but the outside webs seem to be less beveled and more rounded, suggesting a puff paint like material.
See what you think:

7ea72907d5137da15400ac86cf92f3e9_zps199c6cc5.jpg

I don't think the spider and webs are connected. I did at first but after looking at the Hi-Res images, it appears to be glued down. I don't that is Flashing that you are seeing but a point for it to be glued on to. The spider clearly goes over the webs in other areas. I think there is a spider outline of sorts for where the top legs should be. This would allow them to line them up perfectly every time they make a suit. The brick pattern is raised on the blue sections and angled differently on the rib section, its a nice touch. I have a feeling it is angled on the back as well, until the seam line that we all see.

I don't think the spider and webs are connected. Snip.

Hmm, we'll have to agree to disagree. Look at the outer most top leg, look where the webs cross. Yes they look like they go underneath the spider but they also look blended. Also the spiders antenna are attached to the webs and on the same level as the webs, not lying above.
Also think about it from a production point of view. It would sure as hell take less time and effort aligning the spider and the webs if they were just one piece. Additionally making the webs only part urethane and the rest puff paint equivalent would cut down on web breakage a whole lot.

I can't see puff paint being stronger then urethane I think it's honeycomb not brick on the blue and it's raised similar to the ASM I think they are attatched (spider and webs) but not meant to look like they are :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back