The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Costume Reference Pics

XxMcCoyxX

Today Marc Webb tweeted a link to a video showing the first look at the lenses of the new updated suit. I did a screen capture of the video. Figured I would start the thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for grabbing that pic. I gotta say, its a bit underwhelming from a design standpoint. The frames are OK to "meh" and the mesh is kinda boring.

I wonder how that will look with suit.... probably not that grand.... I kinda thought the gold lenses fit TASM suit (although that suit took me forever to get used to)

I imagine it will be a completely updated suit. Marc Webb said in a interview a while back that it will be the most comic book accurate costume compared to the all other movies. My guess it is going to be a cross between ramis and webbs costume. Ramis layout/Webbs textures and colors

I imagine it will be a completely updated suit. Marc Webb said in a interview a while back that it will be the most comic book accurate costume compared to the all other movies. My guess it is going to be a cross between ramis and webbs costume. Ramis layout/Webbs textures and colors

Now I'm VERY interested.... Is it just me, or if it ends up looking like the comic suit will it make Garfield look like the Ultimate Spider Man version? That would be super cool....

I really like the shape of these. Still kind of wish they would have went larger, especially if they are going for the comic book look.

New shot of the 2nd films costume design:
hr_The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2_1_zps3380e4d5.jpg

Exclusive First Look at the New Spider-Man Costume! | Superhero Hype

Man it's beautiful.
But does anyone else find a little too close to Raimi's version? Brick pattern and all. At first I thought it was a fan made photoshop but after doing some digging it seems like its legit.

Well, say good bye to honeycomb puff painting boys.
Looks like there still is some raised 3D style pattern on the blue parts though.

Last edited:
Not liking the look of the new suit so far, seems too much like the Raimi one (I love the look of the TASM1 suit, personally I think it looks better on screen than the classic suit). But of course I'm gonna hold of full judgement until we get shots of the full thing. Who knows? There's still an entire bottom half left to see.

The lenses look amazing on the suit.

I understand why people wouldn't like that it looks like the Raimi suit so much, but if you are going for the classic spidey look then how much different can you honestly make it?

I'm skeptical. I don't dislike this image, but for the purpose of fitting as the sequel to the suit that Garfield's character created I don't think it works. The raised webbing, the brick micropattern, even the spider look far more what Raimi might have done for a non-existent Spider-Man (Maguire) 4. The texture on the lenses is the only thing about this that reminds me of Garfield's suit, everything else screams Maguire. I just don't think it fits "Amazing"'s aesthetic.

What if after Batman Begins Wayne asks for a new suit and get something that looks way closer to Keaton's suit, or Wests for that matter?

Interesting find: the bricks on the red section appear flat, but the blue sections seem to have a 3-Dimensional brick pattern.

Looks like you puff painters will still have some work!

So far, the webbing pattern, the top of the arm, and the top of the chest are all different shapes than the Raimi suit, even if they are close.

...if this is real it shouldn't be too hard to work up this pattern in a night or two. (Once we have more reference)

-Nick

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back