Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

Finished in time for New York Comic Con 2013. Thanks for your help with the bottoms, i think it all came pretty good for my first build.

BTW, if anyone knows who dressed as Iron Patriot, let me know. He was awesome and totally forgot to get his contact info cause I have a ton of more shots.
Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 3.57.40 PM.png

just wanted to share this :D i just shipped it to my buddy ironshawarma so hopefully it will arrive before halloween

helagak mark 42 :)

1377463_531934680222329_205018635_n.jpg

obviously it's the bigger one. . .

Just thought I'd update the thread with my progress on the 3d printed partial mk42 costume. =D
Hands painted. (still needs final assembly and electronics.)
DADqSK1.jpeg

Here is the forearm painted. Again, still needs final assembly.
mR7w3zQ.jpeg

And here is a first look at my printed boot "spats" they work and attach to my shoes. I'm pretty happy with them. I'll show pics of the rigging later. :)
X5aixA5.png

Do you mean like sand and finish it before paint? Just because I'm in a super time crunch. Everything has to be done and packed by Friday. And I work full time. So I get like 5 hours a night. :-/

The heartbreaker is on hold for the moment while I get my costume done. I'll probably get back to work on it after halloween.

Thanks. Future versions will be better. I'm really just now starting to get the results I've been wanting out of my printer. It's been a seriously steep learning curve. :)

Each finger segment, 30 mins. But faster of you print more than one at a time. But they look less good as you add more...
Also you can fiddle with settings and make it print faster. But faster speed = less quality.
A hand piece like the palm is about 2 hours.

hi, being six foot six, can anyone help me with sizing? :)

We're the same height. I made a table in my spreadsheet that automatically does the scaling for me. I used a different helmet and you will likely have to adjust the boots to your size, though. I'll pm the 6'6" scaling to you when I get home tonight.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back