Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

after 2 hours. . .i finished the left boot. . .well sort of, just need to add the screw part and the foot flaps. . and start working on the right boot

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-d.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/1185859_515110795238051_217403114_n.jpg

little off-topic. . .just wanted to share this mark 42 back i made from the low poly 3d model. . .this idea might help you guys on installing flaps on helagak's mk42 back

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-d.ak/...720/1233524_10201752764798430_113020760_n.jpg

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/1209059_10201752764678427_366120708_n.jpg

ironmaided that low poly back is awesome now i want to rebuild mines with flaps. could you post a pic wit the flaps off? also im having a little trouble with bicep. the side piece hinges are layered inside? tried with 10mm foam and it wont work it affects the interior diameter too much and dont really want to use thinner foam.

ironmaided that low poly back is awesome now i want to rebuild mines with flaps. could you post a pic wit the flaps off? also im having a little trouble with bicep. the side piece hinges are layered inside? tried with 10mm foam and it wont work it affects the interior diameter too much and dont really want to use thinner foam.

i'll get a photo of the flaps when i get the chance, about the bicep area, i also have problems with that part,and yes it is layered inside, since you mentioned you don't want to use thinner foam on your armor piece, then you could just use thin foam (6mm will do) on those "silver" detail parts inside the bicep, and also the silver pieces on helagak's thighs and shins are also layered inside, so you might want to use thinner foam on that silver part only.

why don't you use the foam templates for cardboard, then strengthen it with fiberglass then put some body work on it, it's pretty much the same

Cardboard is the best of both worlds when it comes to costumes. As easy to build as foam (no adding the "thickness" pieces either!), and as strong as (if not stronger than) the paper method. It's my preferred method! :D

Cardboard is the best of both worlds when it comes to costumes. As easy to build as foam (no adding the "thickness" pieces either!), and as strong as (if not stronger than) the paper method. It's my preferred method! :D

this :thumbsup

and also, no annoying flaps to cut. . i hate to cut those flaps on paper pep -_-

In case people are keeping track of this type of thing, I've started a foam build, using IronMaided's unfolds so far. I don't understand some of the scaling differences, but I'm pretty sure I'll just physically measure each piece and use that scale. Thanks much to both Helagaks and Ironmaided!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back