Borderlands 2 Maliwan Hellfire (Legendary) - In Progress

Looks great so far! I can't wait to see the final product. I'm hoping to build a couple of prop-weapons from Borderlands 2 for cosplay and conventions, and this is great inspiration!

A week and a half ago I received delivery of my new toy, a Mendel90 3D printer kit. It took about 20 hours to assemble and about another 8 to configure, but it's now working well. Been mostly printing small figures and trinkets, but thought this weekend I'd try printing something more challenging. So I found a complete printable Sword of Omens on Thingiverse and couldn't believe my luck, I've wanted one since I was a kid. So far I've printed and assembled the handle and one piece of the blade. But I'll probably make the blade from a piece of wood rather than 6 printed pieces, it'll look nicer.

So I now need to get back into 3D modelling, probably using Sketchup or Blender. Then I'll be able to print parts for the Hellfire, like the sight and trigger.

Jon

2013_%25204_21_22_45.jpg

2013_%25204_21_22_44.jpg

I hadn't see that drjag, thanks for the link. I still plan on finishing off the Hellfire in the "old fashioned" way.

Amazing work. I'm a huge borderlands fan and I gotta say while the Slagga is nice I think your Hellfire already looks better. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see it finished.

I've recently been playing around in Google Sketchup making the sight and sight slider. It will be printed in three parts, the orange part will be printed separately using an orange plastic. The black sections are split in two length ways so it can be printed in two separate parts and glued together. There's also a channel running through the black parts so that wiring can be added so an LED can be installed into the sight.

SightCloseUp.jpg

Sight6.png

I finally got round to printing the sight and slider. These were printed with a black PLA plastic at a 0.3mm layer height. It was printed in two parts and sandwiched together. I now need to print the orange part, unfortunately the printer is currently out of order.
I've also ordered some SMD LEDs to light it up from the inside.

2013_%25205_23_20_38.jpg

This is awesome! I'm just trying to find a pepakura file of a Maliwan sniper rifle to get started. As of now I live in a one bedrom and have no where that I can set up a shop to get into any serious work. I'm hoping to soon though.

This particular thread got me back into making props again. I am actually working on my own styled Maliwan Sub-Malevolent Grace. I can't wait to see more progress on this, Jonny.

This is awesome! I'm just trying to find a pepakura file of a Maliwan sniper rifle to get started. As of now I live in a one bedrom and have no where that I can set up a shop to get into any serious work. I'm hoping to soon though.

Wow, a Pepa Maliwan Sniper... sounds like a lot of resin. LOL! JK though, it sounds baller.

A Pep sniper rifle sounds tricky. I hope it works out and doesn't result in a crooked barrel. Post pics when you have some progress, please.

hey there not sure if this is dead now but would love to see any progress also what motor did you end up using i'm doing a similar build and wold love to see the arduino code you used iv got a random collection of motors from things iv pulled apart but not sure which one i could use for my build .

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back