Wasan 1628 (Billing Boats Vasa ship) FINISHED

Re: Wasan 1628 (Billing Boats Vasa ship)

Here is the lastest update. The galleries were a bit challenging to do. I wanted to get the wonky look of the real Vasa:

wasan74.jpgwasan72.jpgwasan75.jpg

Cheers

And what are those galleries, anyway? That's not tall enough for a man to stand up in, is it?

Yeah they are. Its balconys also used as toilets for the officers, and good for soldiers to use for rifle shooting at enemy ships. Some ships had ones with no roof on them.

I think they vere used for aesthetic reasons also, to show off, I mean look at all those sculptures and details.

Cheers

ms ref vasa 21.jpg

Haven't been back in a while, glad to see you're still plugging away on this one Matti!

The location of those galleries is interesting.. one would think, with them straddling the bow, a big enough wave would splash up under the toilet and wash you clean for free, lol.

Sorry for not replying Matt, thanks. Yeah like the first flushing toilets. Wasa didnt have holes in the gallery toilets like later ships, but buckets that some poor fellow carried away. That must have been fun...

Some progress:

wasan103.jpgwasan104.jpgwasan105.jpgwasan106.jpgwasan107.jpg

eh up bro.
how the devil are you?have you had a good xmas,the kids have loved our`s but drove me to drink!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:sick:cheers:cheers:sleep
lovin ya build mym8....cheers peza

Thanks guys!

Peza, Im good and had a great christmas with the family. Take care.

/Matti

Thank you Mike! They are around 2 cm, the scratched culverins are a little longer.

/Matti

Mike, the carriages are from the kit and are made from plywood. The shape is rather good compaired to real carriages. The wheels are made in brass, but as Vasa had black carriages it worked fine, except I don't enjoy painting brass. The carriages consist of 20 parts each and I underestimated the time it would take to build them and get a realistic paint job.

Vasa had a quite mixed bag of cannons on her upper deck and the kit only offers two kind of brass cannons, so I scratched 8 cannons from wood to get it more correct.

/Matti

I wanted a break from what I was doing and made the main flag. It's scratched by me and based on the earliest swedish three tounged flag that survived, its from mid 1600's.

/Matti
wasan199.jpg
wasan201.jpg
wasan200.jpg
wasan202.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back