44" Eagle 5

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And so, finally, it begins! :)
8436766815_2ec5e1c94a_c.jpg

Test fitting the underside parts:
8444206718_8c020c58e7_c.jpg

Engine bells from Mike Reader, Legs - Paul Gray, Acrylic Pod parts and resin frame - Dakota in the Sky

Made some good progress yesterday and finished up the walkways as far as I can for now. I know they have lots of added detail not on the originals, but I want a display model more that a true part for part SS Replica. I started with the original pieces used and then added as needed.
8451747487_6227f5ed55_c.jpg

8451749255_3f35ae6311_c.jpg

And you just know Gerry Anderson is smiling down upon
your fine works from his perch on the Moon Base...

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

You're just building Eagle 5 cuz that's the only one Carter and/or Koenig didn't crash... though I dare you to put a Winnebago marking on it and see who gets it. :)

I think what he's saying is that if you are going to make a 44" Eagle, you might as well get the rear engine bells make in aluminium (or aluminum) as they will look much more like the original :)

Not everyone has the know how or skill to work with metal, a part from a computer file then 3D printed and then casted in resin with metal powders can really look good and way better than using plastic drinking cups.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back