Harry Potter Wand Boxes

I am looking for replicas of the type of wand boxes featured in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone, similar to the boxes used by Noble Collection. They do not have to look fancy or have the silk like wrappings, but should be able to snuggly hold a wooden wand ranging from 10 inches to 16 inches.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The closest thing I've seen are the pianola(auto playing piano) roll boxes. I saw some at a market stall once, they were nicely aged and weathered and about the right size and were dirt cheap, a couple of dollars each I recall. Different pianolas used different sizes and they often have old labels on the box which add to that vintage look.

Might be worth checking out. By the looks of the movie they must have used something similar.

These boxes are not screen accurate but they are cheap and easy. For those that live in the US "Tuesday Morning" stores usually sell these for $6.

20481-plain-box.jpg
[/IMG]

I used velvet for lining.

For the outside I tried Fabric and paper. I would suggest paper because the cloth wrapping would make opening and closing the box a challenge due not matter how tight I tried to make my creases along the edges. Blick art supply store had paper with faux crocodile print that worked for me.

20482-sample-box.jpg
[/IMG]

The top box is cloth, the grey is paper

20483-two-samples.jpg
[/IMG]

The ability to display vertically is a plus to save space in the display case for more props to be shown!

20484-vertically-displayed.jpg
[/IMG]

I hope my pictures link ok. This is my first real post.

These boxes are not screen accurate but they are cheap and easy. For those that live in the US "Tuesday Morning" stores usually sell these for $6.

20481-plain-box.jpg
20481-plain-box.jpg

For the outside I tried Fabric and paper. I would suggest paper because the cloth wrapping would make opening and closing the box a challenge due not matter how tight I tried to make my creases along the edges. Blick art supply store had paper with faux crocodile print that worked for me.

20482-sample-box.jpg
20482-sample-box.jpg

20483-two-samples.jpg
20483-two-samples.jpg

The ability to display vertically is a plus to save space in the display case for more props to be shown!

Sorry about the double post--I hope my pictures link ok. This is my first real posting.

do you guys know where to get the ollivanders wand box stickers they stick at the side of the box??? the ones in the movie... Thanks, Really Appreciate It...

i wish i could help ive been searching for good wand boxes for a good 2 years but if you really need them bad you can go on ebay and buy noble collection wands really cheap now and just use that box. hope this helped

There are a few tutorials on Deviantart on how to make wand boxes on the cheap. So I would suggest you try that

20481-plain-box.jpg
20481-plain-box.jpg

20482-sample-box.jpg
20482-sample-box.jpg

20483-two-samples.jpg
20483-two-samples.jpg

Sorry about the double post--I hope my pictures link ok. This is my first real posting.

OH, how I wish you'd popped in here a year or so ago! :D I spent a couple months wrestling with how to make these boxes, (since I couldn't find an affordable substitute to modify).

I may just see if I can get my hands on some & replace the ones I made by hand...

...or I may keep the ones I made by hand & get a couple of these to futz with for comparison. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back