Wade Egan Seller warning

Re: Wade egen Seller warning

Sounds great what basics do you have in mind..something more solid and round edged would be helpful. Steel?

They are steel, and accurate, sharp edges and all. Nothing that will snag, though. If you want to see them come together, find my Han Solo build thread in the costume section.

Re: Issue with a Seller

I used to work for Wade, he's a good guy. He's going through a lot of health issues right now. If he says he can't make it to the post office, he physically can't. Long story short, he hurt his back really badly and he's still recovering. Wade is a stand up guy, and I'm sure he's doing his best to get stuff out.

As someone with an ongoing issue with his back I feel his pain, HOWEVER, he should have been up front with his injury in the first place. I am sure everyone would understand if he had just been up front and said something like "Hey, I'm sorry but I severely injured my back and am unable to continue with the job, you can either wait or I can issue a refund".

If there is a reasonable excuse then he should use it, not play games with people who gave him money. If he can't make it to the post office he should have a family member or friend take it for him.

Not trying to be a dick about it but I have run across this before with people doing work for me and it just ticks me off when people just can't be honest and up front.

I'm not taking over Wade Egan Designs, I'll be picking up where Wade left off working on Magnoli's orders through my own business. I may or may not list the items in my own Etsy shop as well. We're working out the details. I did hear back from him, and to sum it up, he's without internet most of the time, working 70 hours a week at multiple jobs to pay the IRS. Most likely medical bill related. He occasionally gets a day off every now and then, which he uses to work on stuff. Given this information, I completely understand why he hasn't chosen to refund money, from what he told me, he's actually unable to access his paypal account as part of the IRS thing. I don't think he could refund money if he wanted to. He does still want to finish orders for people, but it will be slow. I don't know how many orders he's working through right now, so I can't give any kind of time frame, sorry.

I'm glad to hear Wade is alive at least, I'm waiting on a piece I ordered in March 2012 but I know that car accident he had caused some major problems in his life. I had started to fear the worst given that his online presence has dropped to nil.

Does anyone know if his old @mac email address even still works? I've not had him reply to any messages I've sent to it in over a year and have better luck getting ahold of him via PMs on a few of the forums he is a member on. If he does have a new email address (even if he does check it only rarely) could someone please PM it to me? I know he used to rely fairly heavily on the old MobileMe service Apple ran and thought that maybe he lost that email address when the service went down last year.

well that's bad news all around.
Vorak I've tried his mac email with no response. Risu said he has little to no access to a computer, so I'm not sure there is a next step

I know that eventually he will get it done, I've dealt with him in the past and he always went out of his way to make things work for me, ordering custom parts to incorporate into his work and even still shipping to me after he said no more international customers.

It would just be great to know that he is actually receiving the messages I'm sending and that they aren't just sitting in an inbox somewhere he no longer uses.

Like I said...In my experience, Wade is entirely a stand up guy....Risu has said enough to show that there's reason for him not to have contacted everyone...I had a rough idea about his situation from the last time I spoke with him, but I didn't know it was that bad either...

That said, Wade is solid..And I'd be sure he'll come through for everyone here...Just that it's very unlikely to be in the time frame they want...He has had a heap of crap to deal with, and with the IRS thing now it appears that that streak of luck hasn't improved any at all....

So...I'm standing by what I said earlier..Leave him be to work on it, and hope he doesn't end up so sick he's incapable of doing so...He'll stand by his orders I think, even if he can't make it on schedules we'd all like.

Vorak, it sounds like he can't access internet either right now..Which would explain why I've not spoken to him for a while too...

Risu, good to hear that you've got Magnoli's orders in hand too.....It's nice to have that access to belts..Will you be doing the Wolverine ones too? Or just Indy?

Yes. I don't have the specs on hand yet like the Indy stuff, but I'll have them eventually. And to set your minds at ease as to the level of quality, I started with Wade and worked with him for a year and a half. I've made at least several of everything he sells, and I actually designed his Solo belt. The quality and design of Indy's items will remain exactly the same.

Anybody knows more about about Wade at this moment? I'd really like to buy one of his Indy Bag Straps, but his site is still offline... I hope all is well with the guy.

Forget Wade Egan. I ordered a Han Solo rig in December 2012 and he never delivered. Last time I heard of him was more than one year ago...

I ordered 2 straps in November of 2012, and last communication I received was from February 2013. No communication since.

Personally I don't see there is any excuse for lack of communication unless your a dead or dying. Even if he has no phone or internet access I'm assuming he has at least one buddy who either has internet that he could use or ask his buddy to send out an email on his behalf.

Regardless of any personal problems he is having, those problems should not then become a problem for the end customer.

Personally I don't see there is any excuse for lack of communication unless your a dead or dying. Even if he has no phone or internet access I'm assuming he has at least one buddy who either has internet that he could use or ask his buddy to send out an email on his behalf.

He can go to any public library. The have free internet use. There really are no excuses anymore in the realm of "no internet access".

I think in this case, the guy just vanished or something? He had a solid site where you could order his stuff and that site is just offline for months now. Nobody heard from him in quite a while, as far as I know he doesn't show up online anywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if actually something happened with him. Most of the time communication doesn't stop completely for everybody at the same time. Normally a seller begins with sending out excuses for delays etc, before there is radio silence. Here it seems as Wade suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth. Unless somebody has more info, I'd say something happened to him...

I've been in contact with Wade and he's starting to work again! Unfortunately, he has lost all his old data, so if you have a pending order with him, please e-mail him directly and he'll take care of you.

Kind regards,
Indy

Good to hear. Will his old site be up again in the future? I could use some of his Indy Bag straps...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back