Wade Egan Seller warning

mothmonty

Sr Member
Alright guys and gals I've never had to do this before, but I feel it has become necessary.
There is a member Wade Egan, who specializes in Han Solo belts and other leather construction. He comes and goes from this site and the Rebel Legion forum as well. I commissioned a Garindan belt/holster rig with the promise of delivery by Oct. 25th 2012. I went through this post:

http://www.therpf.com/f12/issue-seller-175820/f13/han-solo-a...er-rig-129368/

He has obviously missed his deadline and when he does respond to my emails he either has an excuse or tells me lies. According to him the belt and holster is complete he's just having a really hard time getting it to the post office. I've asked for pics of the product but he never responds to that particular question. I have attempted to contact him through facebook to no avail. I know there is little hope for me to get my belt and holster rig or my money back but I don't want any other members to get roped in by him.
I have contacted the RPF staff and they thought it would be good to post this up just in case someone knows him. At this point, if you guys are looking for leather work, I would say stay away from Wade Egan

Last edited:
Re: Issue with a Seller

I used to work for Wade, he's a good guy. He's going through a lot of health issues right now. If he says he can't make it to the post office, he physically can't. Long story short, he hurt his back really badly and he's still recovering. Wade is a stand up guy, and I'm sure he's doing his best to get stuff out.

That's unfortunate, I understand back issues I suffer from a fused spine and pinched nerves. Although, he has never mentioned and injury it was the flu that held him back the last time he responded to my inquiry. Do you (Risu) still keep in contact with him?

We talk every now and then. I sent him an email about this, hopefully he can chime in soon.

Re: Wade egen Seller warning

Not involved in this but I also have spinal injuries and am just recovering with a 5 days bout of being almost flat on my back. And I still can't drive and walking without my canes is almost impossible. What whammied me? A weather front that was slow moving in. It has had me hurting and in bed until today the day after 3 inches of rain. And if he had had the flu that can cause a lot of inflammation in his joints and a lot of pain.

Like I said I'm not involved and don't know either party of this, I"m just explaining what some people with spinal injuries go through.

you can print and ship from your house
; you can order free usps shipping materials and they will be delivered to your house , so you can ship from your house ,

Mothmonty, I'm sorry you're having a problem. I don't know Wade personally, but I've done business with him in the past (last year). The experience (and quality of the goods) was nothing less than top notch. Excuses and deception just don't fit the guy I did business with. Hopefully Risu will be able to get some communication going.

@ Cpl Potter: a back injury can literally paralyze you. My back will go out now and again as well. I can look forward to barely being able to move, and blinding pain. Assembling a package may be possible, but taking it for shipment wouldn't be.

Yea, back injuries can be unbelievably bad. When I first hurt my back I had trouble doing the most basic tasks, and my dad has been out of work for 5 months now since he hurt his. He actually physically can't press the pedals in his car.

I haven't been able to get hold of him yet, but I told him about the thread, so hopefully when he's able he'll respond.

What's wrong in being honest... "I ****ed up my back so bad i can't do anything. I'm sorry but i will get it to you as soon as i can. I can't tell when, but it's on my list to do once i can move more freely."

Heck offer a refund IF it's possible.

Voila.

Happen to one of my deals, the seller slipped in the shower, busted his back, took 3 month before he could finish the work and send it to me. I waited.

Another email sent, a week later and still no response. @Warpig, the testimonials to the quality of Wade's work is what drew me to him for the commission. Never the less the only thing that I have to show is a hole in the bank account.

Ronan87 is absolutely right ... by being honest you can try to involve the buyer into compassion and sympathy for the situation at large and keep the communication open for dialogue.

Wade Egan has made my Indiana Jones strap to my specifications and when it arrived with the wrong buckle (TLC) he send the correct one (ROTLA) after at no additional charge and I could keep the TLC as well. That's great service if you'd ask me.

Hopefully this transaction can be resolved in a more civilized matter . . . as it should be.

-Chaim

Well months keeping passing with no word from Wade. Another member contacted me about the same issue. I have done everything on my end, contacted PP, emailed him, FB messaged him but that's it. He has not replied since the beginning of Jan.

I would add my voice to those supporting Wade in this one...

While I agree, it does suck to have paid and have to wait, in my experience with Wade, he's never once let me down when the product arrives..I've had the same experience as you, he said one date, missed it, and then said another and missed that too..But I stopped asking him and let him do it..It worked, and I have several items from him that are the best leather goods money can buy....

I agree, it's worrying not to know where you stand on it, but I'd be strongly vocal about supporting Wade. He's a good man, and has had a hell of a lot of problems over the last couple of years to contend with, customers included actually...

It doesn't help you of course...But I would suggest sending an email perhaps once every 2 or 3 months or so to make sure he doesn't forget, and leaving him to do it.....If he's not dead, he'll get it made.

Regards.

Yeah, I held off for about 2 months, but decided enough was enough. It's fine if he can't get to my commission, just refund the money. The snag of it all is that he is not replying to anything, why? If he is such a stand up guy why would he not take 2 seconds to say "I'm having some health issues", "I'm having some family issue…please give me a little more time and you'll have your item". To me that's what a stand up person does. Someone who has no intention of filling/completing a commission ignores emails, PMs and FB messages.
It's great that you got what you ordered fifthchamber but I paid him over 8 months ago for something that was due 6 months ago, where is the good man in that?

I would add my voice to those supporting Wade in this one...

While I agree, it does suck to have paid and have to wait, in my experience with Wade, he's never once let me down when the product arrives..I've had the same experience as you, he said one date, missed it, and then said another and missed that too..But I stopped asking him and let him do it..It worked, and I have several items from him that are the best leather goods money can buy....

I agree, it's worrying not to know where you stand on it, but I'd be strongly vocal about supporting Wade. He's a good man, and has had a hell of a lot of problems over the last couple of years to contend with, customers included actually...

It doesn't help you of course...But I would suggest sending an email perhaps once every 2 or 3 months or so to make sure he doesn't forget, and leaving him to do it.....If he's not dead, he'll get it made.

Regards.

Every 2 or 3 months, forget that. Weekly if not more.

He doesn't have a computer or a phone at this point from what I understand.

In the coming weeks I'll be taking over his production for Magnoli, and he's told me that he will be honoring all existing orders as he can get to them. Unfortunately I can't say more than that, because it's hard even for me to get in touch with him.

I noticed his website is not taking any orders I was hoping to get him to make some HS buckles as he has a good rep
. ...Does anyone know who makes HS buckles? Not the tinny belt shredding Lamelar plate JB weld stuff I have made by another HS belt maker

I'm actually working on a new and improved set of Solo buckles right now, and will make them available separately or as part of the full gun belt eventually. I'm unsure how long it will take to get the details ironed out, though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back