Power Rangers (MMPR) 2013 Legacy Morpher (Die Cast Metal) 20th Anniversary

WarMachine

Sr Member
So I just spent $50 on this bad boy at the Seal Beach (CA) Toys R Us.

20342-img-0407.jpg

Sorry about the crappy iPod Touch pics.

It's made for the 20th anniversary of MMPR and is an adult collectible. It's made of die cast metal (and some plastic) and the power coins are also metal. It looks and feels incredible. The morpher is so heavy and the coins have a great heft to them. The lights and sounds are really cool too. Bandai did a great job on this. I imagine that if a morpher was real, this is what it would feel like!!!

They are only out at certain stores in CA right now so if anyone who never got an original morpher or wants of of these for nostalgia sake (like myself), then go to Seal Beach and get one. They only got 4 of them in and I'm so happy to finally have an MMRP morpher. I feel like a kid all over again. It even comes with a holster (with belt loops). I'm wondering if they will release a gold one for the White/Green ranger with those power coins. Either way I'm stoked to finally get one after 20 years :)

Anyone else gonna get one of these things?

More pics:

20343-img-0408.jpg

20344-img-0409.jpg

20345-img-0410.jpg

20346-img-0411.jpg

20347-img-0412.jpg

20348-img-0413.jpg

Last edited:
These should be arriving in TRU stores throughout the US this week in very limited amounts. The closest TRU is about two hours away from me, so if anyone is going shopping for one and is willing to grab one for me too, shoot me a PM as I'd really appreciate it. I would happily cover all costs...

Last edited:
Okay, that is pretty cool. I wouldn't really call myself a fan of MMPR, but if I had spare cash to drop I might pick one up.

Likewise, if someone could grab me one I will reimburse + cover shipping because Bandai seem to have made three of these in total

Any way you could post the UPC number for this product? With that it'd be way easier to get an item number to find this product :]

Yeah it's only in certain stores around California right now. Seal Beach had 3 left when I got mine earlier. It should start trickling out to other stores and states soon though. There are a few distribution centers out there with 200-250 of them. Keep checking your local store every so often. They usually get deliveries on a Tuesday morning. Just call and give them the Item # before going to the store though. Cali probably only got them first due to the Bandai/Namco office being right here.

Toysrus.com will probably have the item up fairly soon.

I'll replace the crappy grainy pics with high quality shots tomorrow when I wake up. Did I also mention that it plays the communicator beep thing when you turn it on and it plays the MMPR theme when the lights flash? Well, it does! Super cool!

So as promised here are some high res pics for you all to see the detail on this beauty. The lightning bolts and red ring (with "Power Rangers" on it) are all painted. No stickers on the front this time around. The only stickers are the colored strips on the top and bottom on the back of the morpher. The Zyuranger details in gold and red are sculpted onto the back.

52829481.jpg

Obvious box shot. If you want shots of the sides/back let me know.

61984062.jpg

Morpher/Holster/Coins in the packaging.

75069775.jpg

Front shot (standing on the handle) and coins.

37322081.jpg

Plates open front shot.

48920347.jpg

Back detail. Sculpted golden parts. Battery cover on left. Die cast handle.

13965151.jpg

Back of Morpher in holster.

94201628.jpg

Front of Morpher in holster.

45881472.jpg

Shot of original 1993 coins against the 2013 coins. Also, I turned a coin over for you to see the back of the newer ones.

I would have gotten the original and new morphers side by side but I never did get one unfortunately. Maybe some day at a garage/yard sale I'll come across an original one. Either way, I'm stoked on this replica. Definitely worth the $50 to have an adult sized MMPR morpher prop.

If anybody wants any specific detail shots, let me know.

I was just thinking, if the MMPR rangers show up in the new season of the show for the 20th anniversary, I wonder if they'll use these new morphers. It would make them screen accurate, that'd be pretty cool.

Hope you guys enjoyed looking :)

PS: For those of you in California, Legacy Morphers are showing up at these locations right now:

collectico
lancaster
thousand oaks
covina
west LA
bell gardens
cerritos
redlands
corona
chula vista
la mesa
san diego
national city
glendale

EDIT: It is also buy one get one 50% off on most PR toys until the end of the week. If you find 2, I would recommend getting both with the deal!

As of right now, it seems to be only 4 per store but that's a lot of locations as opposed to yesterday when there was like 2 stores carrying them. Looks like they are starting to get a more widespread release as the days go by.

Last edited:
I actually work for TRU in the UK (Northern Ireland) and ill do my best to find out if we're gonna be getting these across the water or if there an exclusive to the US. Hopefully we can get them!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back