Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Interesting E-11 she is holding

Rogue One trailer E-11.png

This image of the SD is now the background on my computer!
CGI may not be completely finished yet. They may need to still do some "weathering".

Attachments

• EZEV4bavSniIJCnSWsoC_rogue_one_teaser_trailer_screencap_24.png
    EZEV4bavSniIJCnSWsoC_rogue_one_teaser_trailer_screencap_24.png
    782.3 KB · Views: 141
Zero Dark Rebels! I love it! AT-ATs and palm trees?! Yes please!

Glad that they kept TFA's wildly flipping stormtroopers when they get shot. It's very satisfying :D

Good god this looks tight. Love the Imperial tank, the landing craft...gaaaaah!

Last edited:
Any ideas on what this is and if we've seen one before? The Imperial guy in the cape is holding it (I turned it on its side for profile view).

ro officer gun 1 PE.jpg

Yeah the samurai was a bit cheesy but generally I thought it all looked pretty awesome! A geeky detail but I love that the ISD is a Mk.I (using EU nomenclature) as seen in ANH and not the Mk.IIs seen in TESB and ROTJ.

The stormtroopers appear to be more of a later style maybe?

Last edited:
Who is the figure in the dark robes kneeling? But OMG that trailer knocked my socks off! that shot of the star destroyer was GORGEOUS!!! And yes, the flying stormtroopers made me smile!

I've been saying for quite some time that I'm more excited about the "standalone" films than I am about the 7-9 ones... And this trailer did not disappoint at all!!! That looked freaking amazing...

Looks pretty awesome! A geeky detail but I love that the ISD is a Mk.I (using EU nomenclature) as seen in ANH and not the Mk.IIs seen in TESB and ROTJ.
That is cool, big difference is that the ANH version was not lit except for the engines.

Not sure about the Samurai either....

Looks to have no humor in the movie so far, I like that. No cutsie poo little droids for kiddie marketing. Looks very much like a "war" movie as I have heard it described as.

I wouldn't worry about CGI polish eight months before release. Not saying you don't have a point, just saying it is a WIP until the last few weeks before release.

I think the scene with Mon Mothma was a little fan filmish, but the preview had me at trooper beat downs. I could watch her do that for two hours.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back