Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

Sounds awesome! I picture this having a sort of Firefly unification war sort of feel to it.

It'll be cool so see if they include some of the classic x-wing, at-at, etc. models.

Stylistically it should jibe with Rebels and ANH.

“It’s about the fact that God’s not coming to save us. The absence of the Jedi hangs over the movie.”

lol. The absence of the Jedi was felt in Episode I. When Queen Amidala's entire planet was invaded and taken over by the Trade Federation, the only thing the Jedi cared about was the political nature involved and showed zero interest in stopping this planet wide injustice from continuing.

Qui-Gon: And I can only protect you. I can't fight a war for you.
Qui-Gon: The Gungans will not be easily swayed and we cannot use our power to help her.

Even when the Sith, the enemy of the Jedi were thought to be involved, the Jedi pretty much sent one Jedi knight and an apprentice to deal with it while they sat on their butts and only came in after the battle was long over. No big deal, except that the Sith killed one of your Knights and managed to escape. I'm really not seeing a downside to having no Jedi helping out based on the movies.

Once again I am compelled to say to all the Disney acquisition haters, suck it.
While, I'm far from a Disney acquisition hater - we haven't even seen a full five minutes of anything yet and have an ounce of real storyline to tell anyone to suck it yet. I feel better with Gareth Edwards than I really do with JJ - but, I've liked most of everything we've seen so far... but, there's a lot to nitpick based on the rumors we've seen - any Star Wars fan should approach any of this with an open mind rather than simply labeling folks as "haters" and telling them to suck it.

Just saying...

It really doesn't matter how deep you look into it Jeyl,....this movie is about war with ordinary non-supers,.....something that we've been dying for,......theres been a void left from the over saturation of twirling lightsabers from the Prequels & The Clone Wars

I think this movie will show a different side of Star Wars

...cant wait

J

While, I'm far from a Disney acquisition hater - we haven't even seen a full five minutes of anything yet and have an ounce of real storyline to tell anyone to suck it yet. I feel better with Gareth Edwards than I really do with JJ - but, I've liked most of everything we've seen so far... but, there's a lot to nitpick based on the rumors we've seen - any Star Wars fan should approach any of this with an open mind rather than simply labeling folks as "haters" and telling them to suck it.

Just saying...

And I'm just saying there was a vocal minority who based on nothing claimed that Star Wars would be ruined by their acquisition of LucasFilm. I have been under the weather this weekend and have watched all of SW Celebration online steaming, all the panels, all the fans, and I can say unequivocally that Disney is putting its heart and soul into this franchise and they are seceding beyond most people's wildest expectations, except me. I knew it from day one. Just today, leaning about the Anthology films has made m feel even more bullish.

And I'm just saying there was a vocal minority who based on nothing claimed that Star Wars would be ruined by their acquisition of LucasFilm. I have been under the weather this weekend and have watched all of SW Celebration online steaming, all the panels, all the fans, and I can say unequivocally that Disney is putting its heart and soul into this franchise and they are seceding beyond most people's wildest expectations, except me. I knew it from day one. Just today, leaning about the Anthology films has made m feel even more bullish.
I don't doubt Disney's commitment to the franchise - hearing things like Iger's involvement in BB-8 is definitely a confidence booster -- and let's also not forget that Kathleen Kennedy has been part of LFL since prior to the Mouse buying up all things Star Wars. Part of me will always be a little bit heartbroken that Uncle George's story elements are not being used at all in TFA.

I don't think it's wrong to be skeptical, I'm sure Star Wars has been a huge part of your life (or so it seems by your posts) as it has been mine. I watched the TFA panel and was just in awe of the whole thing... and while I'm just about jumping up and down with excitement at most of everything we've seen, I know there are still some bits that I'll overlook but still not be all that fond of - or maybe outright dislike or hate even (including - but not limited to story elements and maybe even oversaturating the big screen with SW product).

I don't think it's fair to label folks as haters just because they might look at things a little differently (not to think that I was being labeled hater - at least I hope I wasn't).

Hope you're feeling better!

Thank you JD! It was worth it to see Celebration and watch the coverage, we were planning on going as its close, we live in AZ, but we decided to do the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend this past Jan. instead as my wife and I both run and our 2 year old did a 100m kids run. :) And you are spot on, where the rubber hits the road for the future of SW is the team Disney has put into place to grow the franchise and from the behind the scenes corporate stuff I have seen and the fan forward stuff like Celebration and all the announcements, my optimists runs high. That Rogue One announcement made me even more optimistic. :)

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to be pessimistic until they give me a reason to be. So far, I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of a doubt. I am pleasantly shocked to see this teaser so soon. Looks pretty cool! I had no idea they were even going to have a panel for Rogue One. I'm sooooo glad this isn't a Young Han Solo or Obi-wan's Adventures in Exile, etc. movie as had been speculated/rumored.

Are we to assume that is Yavin 4 we're seeing?

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to be pessimistic until they give me a reason to be. So far, I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of a doubt. I am pleasantly shocked to see this teaser so soon. Looks pretty cool! I had no idea they were even going to have a panel for Rogue One. I'm sooooo glad this isn't a Young Han Solo or Obi-wan's Adventures in Exile, etc. movie as had been speculated/rumored.

Are we to assume that is Yavin 4 we're seeing?

Na, I wouldn't think so......The DS doesn't need to be that close for its firing range:D

J

And more to the point I just saw a live tweet on the Celebration coverage scroll across the bottom of the screen which said "no need to worry about Satr Wars, every kid here is loving all they see". And there my old friends is the future, and it looks very bright indeed. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Na, I wouldn't think so......The DS doesn't need to be that close for its firing range:D

J

What at was the name of the planet in the Tarkin book they were building the Death Star around?mthats canon so maybe it's that.

I wonder if we will see Vader in this film? I would think it is possible. In ANH, he remarked about " there will be no one to stop us this time". I'm curious as to what happened, and how the plans did come into possession by the rebels. It is a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

Well,.....I don't think anyone needs this bit of text,.....but when I read it & with all this Rogue One talk......my brain explodes:

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire’s sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy….

J

Last edited by a moderator:

Well,.....I don't think anyone needs this bit of text,.....but when I read it & with all this Rogue One talk......my brain explodes:

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire’s sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy….

J

They mentioned in the panel discussion how much that obviously informes what they are going to make!

Last edited by a moderator:

It really doesn't matter how deep you look into it Jeyl,....this movie is about war with ordinary non-supers

You don't have to look that deep to realize that the ordinary non-supers don't amount to a hill of beans when you have a Force user on your side. I look at this movie's entire premise about regular people fighting galactic oppression and all their struggles and sacrifices will lead to one defining moment.

Red Leader: It's a hit!... Negative. Negative. It didn't go in. Just impacted on the surface.​

That's how much your non-supers amount to. They can't succeed where it matters the most unless they have a super with them. And guess who will be getting all the recognition, medals, promotions and ceremonies? Here's a hint. No one in this movie.

You don't have to look that deep to realize that the ordinary non-supers don't amount to a hill of beans when you have a Force user on your side. I look at this movie's entire premise about regular people fighting galactic oppression and all their struggles and sacrifices will lead to one defining moment.
Red Leader: It's a hit!... Negative. Negative. It didn't go in. Just impacted on the surface.​

That's how much your non-supers amount to. They can't succeed where it matters the most unless they have a super with them. And guess who will be getting all the recognition, medals, promotions and ceremonies? Here's a hint. No one in this movie.

Jeyl, sometimes I just think you don't get Star Wars.

*shrugs shoulders & shakes head*
J

Jeyl, sometimes I just think you don't get Star Wars.

I think I get it plenty. Anyone who isn't a Force User isn't that important. Even Luke thinks of himself as the greatest thing that the Alliance has for winning against the Empire.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back