Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Standalone Film (Dir: Gareth Edwards)

I am not buying it. Why does Boba Fett need to be a mantle? It's already established Fett survived the Sarlacc Pit due to his armor and they can roll with that if they want to bring him back for the ST.

The only reason they would want to establish Fett as a mantle would be if they plan to kill/retire the character in these standalone films, thus establishing the Fett from the OT as a successor, which I think won't bode well with most fans.

I have a feeling that, if that indeed even is an actual source, it's not one on the writing team anf, if they know any thing, they're garbling a combination of the title of Mandalore and Larry Kasdan wanting kill off clone Boba amd have the one we saw in the OT be an imposter or successor of some sort. I really do hope they don't go that direction, in any way...

--Jonah

That would be awful. Hmm, really badass bounty hunter trained by his real Mandalorian "father" or some guy who found some Mando armor. Geez that's a tough one.

That would be awful. Hmm, really badass bounty hunter trained by his real Mandalorian "father" or some guy who found some Mando armor. Geez that's a tough one.

it would make sense, since the Fetts have this badass reputation, Jango couldn't duck or step back from a saber slash, and Boba was forced flying into the air and fell into the pit by a blind Han... by accident. Buut maybe he was hungover from partying with Jabba and will turn back into his awesome self once he escapes the pit. Jango should've had better action scenes though, I wanna see the pure awesomeness of the Fetts and Mandos

I do wish the last second of the fight between Mace and Jango hadn't been trimmed in post. Somewhere in the deleted scenes you can see the uncut version where Jango blocks Mace's saber slashes with both gauntlets, being staggered by the ferocity of Mace's attacks, which is when Mace gets inside his guard and beheads him. It's a fraction of a second, but it changes a lot about Jango's competence leaving it in versus taking it out.

--Jonah

it would make sense, since the Fetts have this badass reputation, Jango couldn't duck or step back from a saber slash, and Boba was forced flying into the air and fell into the pit by a blind Han... by accident. Buut maybe he was hungover from partying with Jabba and will turn back into his awesome self once he escapes the pit. Jango should've had better action scenes though, I wanna see the pure awesomeness of the Fetts and Mandos

he better not be called the dread bounty hunter boba feett and have a girlfriend called buttercup.

Didn't you see the ROTJ:SE? Boba obviously had sex with that alien chick. Coaches always say no sex before the big game and Boba broke that rule. That's why coaches say that!

If Arron Paul is playing young Han, he is the same age now as Harrison Ford was in 77.

So he is not exactly young Han, could be another excuse to get more money out of that full sized falcon.

If Arron Paul is playing young Han, he is the same age now as Harrison Ford was in 77.

So he is not exactly young Han, could be another excuse to get more money out of that full sized falcon.

Ah, see this is how bad rumors start. The piece says Aaron Paul may be attached to the film but in no way implies he would be playing Han.

latest rumor to take with a grain of salt is Taron Egerton could be up in the running for young Han Solo... which I can see and live with. the guy is smooth and cool, fine actor and even slightly resembles a young harry.

Why do we even need a young Han solo?

If this movie has a "different" boba fett then it needs to take place after rotj anyway and other than the jabba bounty, boba never had a real connection to Han.

I cry fan service!

Boba just happened to be the bounty hunter that wanted the money and got Han for the empire, it couldve been Bossk or Dengar and they couldve gotten all the stardom lol. I think the only connection between Han and Boba is that Han was wanted by Jabba, and then the Empire, so that meant $$$ for Boba. And since he was the best bounty hunter, he was well known, just as Han was a good smuggler and he was well known, i doubt the personally knew each other but they had knowledge of one another

I realize that. I guess I'm saying that boba was probably after several bounties and other than the events surrounding ESB, it was doubtful that they ever interacted. Frankly, I found it odd that he was even IN rotj.

As an aside, I never felt as if Han was the best smuggler. I just assumed that he liked to brag.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back